SL is drama, period.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

I think you know full well what happened to them, i do have 2 emails telling me from the lindens

Seems telling people they are dramaqueens is not allowed unless you are one, i think that is how its goes, not sure.

i think i do know that it was a response to your post..so if it was  LL taking your post away ..then mine fell victim to it since it was linked to yours..

either you deleted it or someone AR'd yours and ate mine with it..

that's possible as well..it happens a lot..

ETA: i don't remember the word drama queen in that post of yours hehehe

all i said in response to it was.. Wha? because i didn't understand what you said hehehe

Ceka Cianci wrote:

honestly..i noticed it become a fad word right around the time this song came out..

it seemed like everyone was using it since then calling people drama queens or when someone would speak their mind and the other person didn't want to hear it..that or someone that was always over emotional about every problem they had in life..that or people that like to stir the pot with other peoples relationships or lives..things like that..

it seems to have evolved to anyone that has a bad day nowadays lol

it also has it's other meanings..but that seems to be the popular version used nowdays..unless you are in blockbusters looking for a movie  lol

it's short for a couple of  words..dramatic  or dramatization

I find this post quite amusing.  The gay community had been using the term drama in this fashion for years before Mary J. came out with that song, hence the term drama queen.  Kind of like everyone started knowing what voguing was once Madonna came out with Vogue, yet it had been around since the early 60's in the gay Harlem ballroom scene.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

honestly..i noticed it become a fad word right around the time this song came out..

it seemed like everyone was using it since then calling people drama queens or when someone would speak their mind and the other person didn't want to hear it..that or someone that was always over emotional about every problem they had in life..that or people that like to stir the pot with other peoples relationships or lives..things like that..

it seems to have evolved to anyone that has a bad day nowadays lol

it also has it's other meanings..but that seems to be the popular version used nowdays..unless you are in blockbusters looking for a movie  lol

it's short for a couple of  words..dramatic  or dramatization

I find this post quite amusing.  The gay community had been using the term drama in this fashion for years before Mary J. came out with that song, hence the term drama queen.  Kind of like everyone started knowing what voguing was once Madonna came out with
Vogue
, yet it had been around since the early 60's in the gay Harlem ballroom scene.

...Dres

ya i was meaning wide spread where everyone picks it up..

as i said ..thats when i noticed it being widely used..before that i never really heard it used in that way..

The whole problem with this thread is that 2 different meanings of drama are being discussed, sometimes interchangeably, and it is just confusing.  There is the true definition which pertains to acting in pretty much any form.  However, when used in the context of "SL drama," most interpret this in the vernacular which means something along the lines of an intentional or unintentional over-the-top emotional outburst or display intended to draw undue attention or to disrupt the status quo.  They are not mutually exclusive, but not necessarily inclusive either.  A friendly suggestion would be to use the term "role play" applied to the former, and "drama" to the later, for communication's sake.    

SL is a virtual enviroment hosting a wide range of user-generated content, drama is just another form of user-generated content, mostly generated by our own interactions with others. 

If you find you're encountering too much unwanted drama perhaps you should try migrating to a different social circle, if the drama continues to follow you around then it may be worth examining the way in which you interact with others and trying a different approach (for instance 'live and let live' tends to generate far less drama than 'anyone that doesn't share my opinion is disturbed').

Again why do you see drama as negative, i make roll play systems so want more drama, more acting, why is it when ever most of you try to role play it ends up as negative drama, look i think you have all taken over the word drama and want to use it for your own pet hates.

There is nothing wrong with drama, stop looking at the word as if it means trouble.

Look anyone looking from the outside could see the problem and you do appear to be a major part of it with your fixed view.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

There is nothing wrong with drama, stop looking at the word as if it means trouble.

Yet throughout this thread you continually use the term 'drama queen' in a negative way...

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

"Wish you drama queens would get over it..."

and

"the biggest drama queen I ever met talked of nothing but drama, even had signs on her land saying no drama, she really needed a doctor."

Surely if you see drama as a purely positive thing then you would consider being a drama queen positive also, which begs the question why would the person you were referring to need a doctor, wouldn't a cookie be a more appropriate reward?

Have you considered that the 'problem' isn't that others views are fixed, but that yours is somewhat self-contradictory?

Yes , if they know they are, for example, any role play needs a person that will  play the negative part, the problem is when people don't know they are playing it, go to toxia, you will see negative drama as 2 groups that have story line dislike for each other play it out, it can be very good and entertaining, but when the dJ plays you all stop and dance, not walk of and sulk.

Plus you are being selective so you support your view, you don't care if its right or wrong.

This is actually a very complicated issue which can be approached in various different ways depending on context and personal opinion.

There's a distinct difference between drama in the context of a stage play or roleplaying situation and dramatic happenings in the course of everyday existence.  I believe most of the people responding to this thread are speaking of the latter of the two, since most people would probably agree that drama in the context of the former is very welcomed and therefore have little else to say about it.

But, in either case, a certain amount of drama is definitely needed, otherwise life would be boring as hell.  It's when it goes to far that it becomes a negative thing that people feel the need to avoid... as in, drama queens and melodramatic movies.

But this is where it gets tricky, especially where everyday, interpersonal drama is concerned... different people have different levels of drama that they'll feel comfortable with in their lives.  Your idea of too much (negative) drama may be vastly different than someone else's.  So really, the only point of contention is where that line is drawn... since it's a highly personalized, individual preference, no one, no matter where they stand, could be considered wrong.

...Dres

Yes, have to explored the role play sims, some like toxia take it very seriously and can say hateful things but as it is in context with the story it can get exciting, but they are friends when the DJ plays, other sims have other views, some it is warfare and diplomacy, they can't be friends and must role play all the time, they must kill on sight any of one group seen until peace is negotiated, but some do go to far.

I think the ones that are very anti in these threads don't really see the others here to role play, they would be more suited to face book or another forum, if they explored more and were less static they would see the huge amount on offer here.

drama as relates to sl and most other online places, is a state in which an emotional overreaction is provoked by anothers criticism, usually contrived. the definitives being butthurt, lulz and flounce

quite often two ppl will engage in drama just to drag bystanders into it, for the lulz. objective is to see whos butt will flounce first. most times it ends up being one of the bystanders who doesnt have much experience of drama. to the delight of the original protagonists most times

I think allot of people on the internet get confused between trolling, flaming and simply disagreeing.  

I have been active on the internet for a long time, starting out on newsgroups when that was all there was. I have been accused of being a troll many times over the years, but I can comfortably say I have never trolled in my life. Generally people mistake flaming for trolling. I have done my share of flaming but more often than not when I am accused of flaming I am actually legitimately disagreeing. There is a distinct difference between the 3.

The more people that flood online as time goes on, the more often these 3 terms are misused, generally due to the ignorance of the user,

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.