SL is drama, period.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is open to all, I don't go anymore as they know all my alts and are still pissed off with me, they don't know if I am real, lol, some call me a bot, I have never been in sl, lol, odd that don't you think, I have only ever been chars, that's why I can run lots of them, sure there is a spider in the web story here.

PS if you look in a past post I think you will see I told someone to create an image and to create one with narrows paths, it is all in "the art of war", chars in sl must not be to deep, do that and you will damage yourselves and sl will spread into RL.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

So a bag over your head is not drama then, ok, lol, what ever you say dear.

LOL no. I Have a bag over my head because I am lazy and a cheapskate. Peek under my bag and you will see a skin from about 2007. Basically I was embarrased by the quality of my skin, and could not be bothered to look for and buy a new one. So I shoved a bag on my head. End of story.

I am not suprised that you think SL is full of drama. You seem to seek it out wherever you look, and when there is none to be found you start inventing it. Just like in this instance with my head bag. I shoved a bag on my head because my skin looked rubbish. End of story. You look at my AV and assumed something completely different. You see drama where there is none.

So I think we can conclude that SL is not all about the drama. However Lucinda Bulloch is.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

yes, it is open to all, i dont go anymore as they know all my alts and are still pissed off with me, they dont know if i am real, lol, some call me a bot, i have never been in sl, lol, odd that dont you think, i have only ever been chars, thats why i can run lots of them, sure there is a spider in the web story here.

i just have my one alt that cost me 9.95 when i made her..she really is only for when i make prim clothes for myself..

she makes a good model so i can have more freedom when i make things..then there is my husbands avatar..he may like that kind of stuff..if i could ever get him in here long enough to get some interest in sl hehehehe

other than that ..that's about it..i have a hard enough time just having my alt on when i make clothes..i don't think i could run more than that..and i have to have her viewer all the way squeezed down or both viewers will crash lol

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

So can buy a fast car but not a 2 dollar skin, lol, lets stop here shall we, i think you just got in a pit with a pitbull, and you have a bag on your head, lol.

Yep, bascially. as I said I am a cheapskate. My clothes are freebies as is my 2007 skin and also the free bag I wear on my head.

I didn't get my fast car by pissing money up the wall on skins and clothing or by wasting my time and L$ shopping. I got it by focusing on building and selling, covering my basic expenses and cashing out the rest. I could have created a new skin for myself or a more fancier head bag. But that would mean less time spent working on sellable content. I rarely ever meet anyone face to face so really don't need to worry about it.

It is like all things in life, go and watch, if you like it join their group, but image is important, lot of the guys there are sexist pigs, so it is even a case of picking gender, some are gay to, so again it is about looks, it is hard to say what kind of image to use, the ones that don't care just keep the first skin they got and wear the free role play cloths all the time, but you will meet both alpha males and females there, I have been there as both genders, and both have there drawbacks, went there as a plasma cloud as well they didn't like that at all.

Sy Beck wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

can anyone go watch?i mean if they are dressed right?

i would love to watch that..i never really seen any battles like those in sl.
.just some grandma and a  furry kick boxing
one time lol

PICS!

i saw it on you tube but it was happening in sl  lol

here it is  lol

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Sy Beck wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

one time lol

PICS!

here it is  lol

THAT WAS.....

This is what we need.  The "Amusing and Inappropriate Match Up" thread.  :smileywink:

If you are using the "Oxford definition" of drama as you stated in a later post, then I think you're misinterpretting the way in which those you are complaining about are using the same term. By "drama," most are referring to unnecessary displays of irrational emotion, a lot of whining and fake crying and "woe is me" attitude.

I disagree with your arguement using either definition, however. You seem to be basing your entire premise on roleplay. Not everyone in SL chooses to engage in roleplay, which makes the premise faulty at its base. Many people log into SL solely to build and create, some to chat, some just to explore. I do agree that roleplay is necessarily dramatic - again by the "Oxford definition" - but roleplay is simply one part of SL. Using the second definition, the one most people who complain about drama seem to use, that sort of drama can easily be avoided. And even should it enter one's SL, one can easily simply mute the creator of that drama and move on.

""I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!" --Lewis Carroll , "Alice in Wonderland""

Your tag, Need i say more.

Can anybody explain what "drama" is?  I see it alot on people's profiles but have never heard anybody explain just what it is.  Even in this thread I have seen alot of comments about what is not drama.  Or comments about how drama is in RL and will be in SL as well.

But what is it?  Pleeeeeaaaasssee

For most it is just plain acting or role playing, put for those with it in their profiles and the ones that claim to hate it it seems to be a way of seeking attention, they talk a lot about not liking it to such a degree, that if you removed it from their chat they would have ended up saying nothing, so if you have nothing to say but want the attention then get into talking about hating drama, the biggest drama queen I ever met talked of nothing but drama, even had signs on her land saying no drama, she really needed a doctor.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

Maybe you only feel at peace in that kind environment, that's fine, why not try to be someone else cos maybe being you all the time is not doing you good, don't know, you have a box over your head.

I would disagree. being me in SL has benefited my RL a great amount, it's allowed me to pay off my mortgage, bought me an expensive car and allowed me nice holidays for the last 5 years, so I would say my current approach to SL is doing me a lot of good.

If I want to roleplay I'lll go and play Skyrim.

And it's a bag on my head, not a box :smileyhappy:

+1  :smileyvery-happy:

Sy Beck wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Sy Beck wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

one time lol

PICS!

here it is  lol

THAT WAS.....

This is what we need.  The "Amusing and Inappropriate Match Up" thread.  :smileywink:

It really Was!!

honestly..i noticed it become a fad word right around the time this song came out..

it seemed like everyone was using it since then calling people drama queens or when someone would speak their mind and the other person didn't want to hear it..that or someone that was always over emotional about every problem they had in life..that or people that like to stir the pot with other peoples relationships or lives..things like that..

it seems to have evolved to anyone that has a bad day nowadays lol

it also has it's other meanings..but that seems to be the popular version used nowdays..unless you are in blockbusters looking for a movie  lol

it's short for a couple of  words..dramatic  or dramatization

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.