how do i get 9 tails

korono101

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

I am not sure of which tail you need or if you have them already and wonder how to wear them. Anyway

hereis a cheap trick, if you have got them and just wonder how to.

If you have a furry avatar, there are a few big boxes  around just pick the tail you like better. at its  butt-side you should see a little sphere, if you don't see it ,then hit ctrl alt t ( all at once and it will become visible).

Edit that tail and from edit menu tick  in that window " edit linked parts" . So you edit just the ball  you see and from tools,while you're editing it, you click "unlick".This will unlink just the  ball prim and conraining the script( most tails have one for the movements). Now edit one tail and then hitting shift and holding it down select all the tails and link together. then it's the time of the prim ball take it and put it near the butt-side of that group of tails, be careful placing it in the middle the vertical and horizontal axes. then release edit. Edit again tails and then while you're doing it click shift, so click on the ball prim as last prim selected  too( this will make it root prim), at this point from tool  click link.

Oh well this will help you, if you got the furry basic pack and wonder how to multiplòy your tails. Anyway ,if you have another tail not scripted, just  copy it nine times and use that trick addingin the ball  the script to move tails.

If you need the furry basic packor other help, contact me in world.

Trying to become a Kitsune? (For those who don't know, a Kitsune is a Japanese spirit fox, with between one and nine tails. They gain one tail per hundred years of life, aproximately. In China they have a similar creature, called a Huli Jing.)

Here's how I did my three-tailed Kitsune tail, and going for nine is just more of the same technique.

Start with the single-tailed avatar that you want to base your Kitsune on. For example, the KZK red fox or arctic fox. The avatar needs to be modifyable, of course, but most furry avatars are.

Go to a parcel or sandbox where you can build, and where the parcel isn't nearly full. Furry tails often have quite a few prims in them, and making multi-tails can run up the prim count pretty quickly.

Drag a copy of your tail onto the ground in-world. Edit it, and you'll see that in addition to multiple prims (likely cone-shaped flexible prims) that make up the visible tail, there is a sphere prim at the base of the tail that is the root prim, and that all the other parts are linked to. This sphere contains the scripts that make the tail wag or respond to other HUD commands or chat commands.

If the tail is trying to wag on its own, wait until it is in its resting position, between wag cycles, and stop the scripts in the tail. If it is stuck in mid-wag, select the tail and use the edit tools to set the rotation values all back to zero.

Copy the tail in-world, by selecting it with the edit tools, holding down the shift key, and dragging it sideways. With the copied tail, select it, and delete the scripts in that tail. (You may want to rename that as 'unscripted tail' and take a copy into inventory.)

Now make another copy of the unscripted version of the tail, by shift-dragging it to the other side of the scripted one. You now have three tails, and the center one still has its scripts, but those scripts are stopped. (you can make as many additional unscripted copies as you want tails, so you have enough of them.)

Turn on 'highlight transparent', so you can easily see the position of the base spheres. One tail at a time, rotate the unscripted tails so they angle outward from the center tail. Move the tail so its sphere exactly overlaps the main tail's sphere. Now shift-click on the main tail, and link them. If you did it right, the root prim should still be the one with the scripts in it. Be careful though, because once you link them, you can't readily unlink any single tail in the set to adjust its position.

Repeat the above steps to add additional tails to the main tail, sticking out at different angles.

When you are done, you'll have one tail attachment that has a huge number of tail prim parts attached to it. Rename that tail as 'My Kitsune 9-tail', or some other recognizable name, set scripts to 'running' in it again, and take it back into inventory. When you 'wear' that tail from inventory, it should replace your avatar's single tail with a floofy collection of nine tails, that wag in sync and respond still to your avatar's HUD commands, for things like raising and lowering the tail.

===

As an alternative (which I haven't tested yet), any of the newer V2/3 based viewers support multiple attachments on a single attachment point. So for a lower number of tails - up to 5, I believe, you could just copy the tail in inventory, and 'add' the extra tails to your avatar. If you do it that way, each tail would wag on its own, rather than all at once. I don't think you could attach nine tails at once, though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.