Refund Failed Delivery Wording

Mickey Vandeverre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Important Update:  Zanara has pointed out that I am using an older version of the magic box, and that is what is causing all of the delivery failures in the marketplace. 

My apologies for making such a fuss.  I will correct asap, and I'm sure that will solve your issues as well.

Thank you, Zanara.

I filed a support ticket a few days ago, trying to start collecting on the money that was being lost, due to failed deliveries, which I was sending manually, without being paid. 

Received a ticket back today, in which I originally requested to be reimbursed for 1185.  I thought that I was pretty clear that I was a store owner requesting reimbursement.  I requested reimbursement on these particular pieces, since I am spending money on a featured enhancement for them, and that seems to be deducted without any "fails."

my original message:

4 failed deliveries from a shopping cart fail.  customer name: xxxxx Resident - my name:  Mickey Vandeverre - EtCetera Furniture.  I gave him the merchandise, and I want to be reimbursed from you.
1185 total.

granted, there is not enough space allowed in that box for much more detail than that.  But I added the entire transaction list.

in addition, there was a store name on each one of the product descriptions that I attached.

received this wording:

Hello, Mickey Vandeverre

Customer Support is unable to issue manual refunds for content purchased through the Marketplace  website.We are only able to assist with redelivery of products purchased from other residents through the Second Life Marketplace.

All refunds for product purchases are done through the sellers, since the sellers are the ones who are paid for the sale of their products.It will be necessary for you to contact the seller directly inworld for assistance with receiving a refund for your purchase from them.

2 problems (at the least)

1) very clear they did not read that ticket.  I'm directing customers to this support center to try to get refunds on failed deliveries, and not very encouraging to see them not read a very simple ticket.

2) "all refunds for product purchases are done through the sellers?"      Really?  is that what our customers are being told, when they file a ticket for a refund on a non-delivery?

You've got to be kidding me.

LL probably has prewritten responses to their most common complaints. Most LL employees probably don't bother to read most complaints - they saw "failed marketplace delivery," read the keywords - specifically, "refund" - and sent out their nifty prewritten response.

They've written their ToS to pretty well absolve themselves of any responsibility for user-created content, including failed deliveries. They'll force the item to be redelivered, but I'm sure some of them wet their pants as soon as they hear "refund." They certainly don't waste time throwing that one right back to the sellers. Unfortunately, that puts content creators in the unfortunate position of either offering refunds to upset customers, or telling those customers to contact LL - which makes them even more upset. Most sellers I've seen lately don't even offer refunds unless the product was an accidental, non--transferrable double purchase. Or, occasionally, if it was no-copy, trans. They'll offer to personally redeliver the item - but no refunds.

I recently wrote to a government agency with a fairly simple, straightforward question and got an answer that was only tangentially related and didn't actually answer my question - and was word-for-word the same answer someone else got when asking the same question. So LL isn't the only place that prewrites crap answers to good questions.

If an item is marked as a failed delivery this means the customers money was refunded.  That's what the marketplace tells customers when they see 'failed deliver' on their order history.  Anytime i've ordered something that was marked this way I have always gotten a refund within the 24 hours it states.  So I'd tell the customer this and that I never got paid and that if the money was deducted from their account they need to wait 24 hours for the refund.  if they don't get it, they should contact billing about getting a refund or sending me the money at which time I'll deliver the item and give them the  number to call.

Not necessarily.  Last week, they might get a refund within an hour, then it started taking all day, maybe, if they got one at all.

If they have to wait more than hour, then I deliver the product.  No way am I going to make them wait longer than that.

That ticket took 2 or 3 days.

I will no longer send them to file a support ticket.

Darn sure way to lose a new customer, or an old customer.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If an item is marked as a failed delivery this means the customers money was refunded.  That's what the marketplace tells customers when they see 'failed deliver' on their order history.  Anytime i've ordered something that was marked this way I have
always
gotten a refund within the 24 hours it states.  So I'd tell the customer this and that I never got paid and that if the money was deducted from their account they need to wait 24 hours for the refund.  if they don't get it, they should contact billing about getting a refund or sending me the money at which time I'll deliver the item and give them the  number to call.

Correct. Failed Delivery means "do over". The merchant was not paid, the customer's money was refunded.

It can take up to 8 hours for LL to refund their money, but they do refund it (you can ask Sassy about the magic number of 8 hours rather than, say 15 min). "Being Delivered" means LL could either deliver or refund, a sort of limbo.

I tell my customers who must have the item immediately (few do), but the item is "Being Delivered" that they can buy directly from me and then IF the original item ordered is delivered to them and they are charged for it, they can return it to me for a refund.

I don't get many Failed Deliveries -- I get "Delivered" except that they are not delivered. Or the delivery got capped. Or the customer accidentally declined it. Or the customer has an inventory problem and needs to clear cache. Or something, who knows?

There have been way more instances of customers not getting refunded lately than normal, whatever their normal actually is.

So it's not true that *if a delivery fully fails, the money will be refunded within 24 hours. Lately a lot of people aren't getting refunded. But when they file a ticket with LL they either get the item redelivered by them, or they are told to contact the merchant for *redelivery(not a re-charge and then redelivery) if LL cannot redeliver the item. Either way the customer still gets the product and the merchant doesn't get the payment.

This is becoming a very common thing. It never used to be this way, but it is now. I'm fairly certain there are JIRAs about this issue actually. I know there are plenty related to it.

My customers, thankfully, haven't had any failed deliveries in the last week. But before that, there were a ton. The site wasn't showing them as failed though. I wasn't getting the money, and the customer didn't always get a refund, and rarely ever got the product to boot. It was a mess. Before this, I haven't had a true failed delivery since June. But recently(until this last week) I have had way more than my fair share. I've lost money, a lot of it, to this problem too, and it sucks. LL doesn't have much to say about it though. You always get a canned response from them, or pointed to a JIRA or something you've already both voted and watched. It's ridiculous that they don't even bother reading the tickets anymore. They take keywords and just randomly choose a canned response and hit send(assuming a human does it at all, personally, I think it's automated at this point).

Thankfully, for me, it seems the worst is over, for now. But there are lots who aren't so lucky.

Hi Tari - quite a few people I've talked to are not getting refunds, as you said.  Same here.  That just started last week.

Will also confirm, that what shows on the transaction page is not always what happened inworld.

If your failed deliveries involve a shopping cart, here's a Jira, you can submit an example of one of yours, or several, not sure how many examples they need, and yes, a Linden did catch that Jira.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4457

hi Zillana -

You will probably need to check with each of those customers to see if they received items from your store or not.  Some of those items that failed, might be from another store.

Here is a Jira on the shopping cart load failed delivery problem

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4457

I'm not sure how many transaction list copies they need to have plugged in there, but if you can copy and paste yours, go right ahead.  I remove the customers name when doing so.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.