Can't stop or change automatic teleport to Japan Resort.

GoddessKaren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello Karen,

If you are being TP'd to a location over and over, I would assume that you have a scripted object attached to you that is making you Japanese. Sorry about the humor. OK, once you have arrived, Please look into your inventory, Current Outfit and remove all objects attached to you. Objects are the items with little boxes as the icon next to their name. Don't worry about their names, such an object may be named as an article of clothing to prevent you from identifying it easily. You only need to remove the objects not your clothing layers. Once this is done, try TPing elsewhere and see if the problem continues. If you are free at last, then you need to examine your attachments and look at the date acquired to determine which of those was given to you on the date this problem started.

You may file a griefing report once you know the name of the object and can give detailed information to LL about where it was presented to you.

Good Luck

5 answers to this question

Hello Karen,

If you are being TP'd to a location over and over, I would assume that you have a scripted object attached to you that is making you Japanese. Sorry about the humor. OK, once you have arrived, Please look into your inventory, Current Outfit and remove all objects attached to you. Objects are the items with little boxes as the icon next to their name. Don't worry about their names, such an object may be named as an article of clothing to prevent you from identifying it easily. You only need to remove the objects not your clothing layers. Once this is done, try TPing elsewhere and see if the problem continues. If you are free at last, then you need to examine your attachments and look at the date acquired to determine which of those was given to you on the date this problem started.

You may file a griefing report once you know the name of the object and can give detailed information to LL about where it was presented to you.

Good Luck

GoddessKaren wrote:

I guess I clicked a link when joining this morning that gave them access to my profile. Now when I start up Japan Resort teleports me to their location and re-teleports every 5 seconds, so I can't go anywhere or do anything. How do I break free? 

Welcome to Second Life and to Second Life Answers, GoddessKaren.

I'm a little bit baffled by what you say, I have to admit.  Japan Resort is like any other resort, in that while it may be your home location, it does not have any special powers to be able to drag you back to it without your permission.

The next time you log in, change your start location on the login screen to Castle Valeria and then when you arrive there, make this your home location (do so by clicking on the "world" menu from the top of your viewer screen, and "set home to here")

To add more information to this thread, please click on "options" at the top right hand side of your original post and "edit".

Hello. Actually noone is able to have access in your profile. Sounds like a mass teleport but it is no normal every 5 seconds. Is it possible to block (mute) the invitation? If so, do that and this way it will stop. If no, clear your cache under preferences and relog. Open also the group's profile and temporarily disable the option "Send my notices" --> Save. See if this makes any difference.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.