Eyelashes.....prim or tattoo?

Myth Valeska

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My avi has no eye lashes to speak of so I'd like to find some. I don't want a dramatic look, just enough for a little enhancement and top lashes only are fine. I wouldn't mind some tattoo lashes as I wouldn't have to fit them like prim lashes, but which look better? I tried a demo for Amacci's tattoo lashes but they were more "extreme" than what I want. Any suggestions? Thanks.

In general, I like tattoo lashes for everyday use, such as exploring and walking around and such. Prim lashes can look super gorgeous and I think are wonderful for photography and things like that. I tend to come across issues wearing prim lashes, such as when I am blinking or viewing from a different angle, but that might just be me though.

There are tons of lashes out there. A really awesome way of wearing lashes, I think, is to layer 2 of them along with an eyeliner. (tattoo layers)

Agree with Charo about the different types for different occasions :)  If you decide to go with prim, LAQ has a set of three that range from dramatic to natural...I think the other one is flirty...both upper and lower though, but I like them for photography reasons.

I used to use prim, and I liked them fine. My problem with them was that they didn't fit perfectly to my eye shape. I edited them to get very close, but I'd always find some little flaw and have to edit again. And again, and again...I read about tattoo lashes here in the forums, tried some, and I must say I really like them! They're perhaps not as realistic as prim eyelashes; I've been thinking about switching back, so I'll have to check out the LAQ ones. But I do like the ones I have. I can't remember where I got them, but I think it was the front room of Glitterati (the pose place). If I recall correctly, they were very near the door.

ETA: So I went and tried those LAQ prim lashes, and WOW. Love them! Using the "natural" set, they look full and luxurious but not ridiculous; and they were pretty easy to edit to fit, although they were made for eyes narrower than mine. A quick "edit linked parts" and some rotating and moving fixed that!

Prim lashes can look really gorgeous when adjusted properly. The adjusting can be very time consuming by trying and trying many times. Getting perfect fit is not always possible. But nevertheless very excellent looking fit can be achieved. The only downside with prim lashes is that they don't move with the eyelids. But it's almost unnoticeable, unless one starts specifically to stare and and detect it.

These prim eyelashes are from Amacci, "Allure - Black".

Prim-eyelashes.jpg

Yes, the limit is 5. That is usually good enough for two lashes, eye liner, lips, and eye shadow or blush. It can be economical to find makeup tattoo layers that include more than one element in them, for example, you could wear a tattoo layer that contains both lips and eyeshadow, or blush and lips, or blush, lips and eyeshadow, thereby saving you layers for other things, such as actual tattoos or other cosmetic enhancements.  

If you are going to use prim lashes, I recommend an alpha layer that removes the default lashes. Even with them set to 0, some "stubble" will be visible. If not the skin creator has removed them in the process of making the skin, of course. Such layers can be found several places, Tuli has an "Eyelash be gone" on the Marketplace:

ad_eyelashbegone.jpg

This is important, because the default lashes will flicker with the alpha in the prim lashes, and it will look like you have a "gap" between the eyelid and the lashes, no matter how much you edit them. 

My latest lashes are from Redgrave and included in the skin pack "Bella". I am not sure, but I think they sell separate lashes too, 

6778764773_c09d2e6e29_o.jpg 

Sorry that I reply so late, I have not had time to be on any forums in 2 days! :matte-motes-frown:

That's actually free demo eyes, the new Mayfly - Deep Sky Eyes London Fog. They are sold as both texure and mesh eyes, but I had no time looking at their huge number of colors. If I find some "me" time, I think I will buy a few sets and mix colors. The free demo is only the system eyes part.

I have always been a fan or prim eyelashes just because they are pretty easily adjusted, the only pain about them is the default lashes, but from looking over previous posts it seems there is a fix for that now. I use tattoo layers for other things, so prim eyelashes are always the best choice for me since I can only wear one tattoo layer as of right now.

Marianne Little wrote:

Sorry that I reply so late, I have not had time to be on any forums in 2 days! :matte-motes-frown:

That's actually free demo eyes, the new Mayfly - Deep Sky Eyes London Fog. They are sold as both texure and mesh eyes, but I had no time looking at their huge number of colors. If I find some "me" time, I think I will buy a few sets and mix colors. The free demo is only the system eyes part.

Thanks for getting back...will go take a look :)

I like both prim and tattoo eyelashes. I have a pair from Redgrave called Extra long and wear them with Izzies alpha layer which removes system lashes. They only need minor editing and looks great. For tattoo eyelashes i choose Mozz eyelash set which includes 9 different lashes on tattoo layers, works excellent as well.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.