Sign in to follow this  
pwhack

Clothes off in adult world-help appreciated?

Hi folks,

As a relative new user to Sl I would be grateful for any help as regards the following.

1 I have chosen one of the default avators in SL and when right clicking on the avator and selecting "clothes off" it still leaves me wearing underpants. I have tried detach but no good, in fact I think all of the male avators in SL default avators have the underclothes painted on. On googling this it seems I have to select a new skin, and then just dress the avator, is there already a skin in my inventuary that will serve the purpose that I want, will enable me to be totally naked?

2 when I have clothes off, whats the quickest way to become totally dressed again?

Thanks very much for any help really appreciated.

Paddy

pwhack wrote:

Hi folks,

As a relative new user to Sl I would be grateful for any help as regards the following.

1 I have chosen one of the default avatars in SL and when right clicking on the avatar and selecting "clothes off" it still leaves me wearing underpants. I have tried detach but no good, in fact I think all of the male avators in SL default avators have the underclothes painted on. On googling this it seems I have to select a new skin, and then just dress the avator, is there already a skin in my inventuary that will serve the purpose that I want, will enable me to be totally naked?

2 when I have clothes off, whats the quickest way to become totally dressed again?

Thanks very much for any help really appreciated.

Paddy

Hi Paddy!  The new avatars in SL have what they call modesty undergarments on.  To fix this simply go out and get a free skin or purchase one. To get dressed again, simply find the folder that has the clothes you want to put on, right click on it and select add to current outfit.  Then go to right click on yourself, select appearance, and then create new outfit.  I hope this helps!

Peace!

when I have clothes off, whats the quickest way to become totally dressed again?

In case it's not already obvious from Hippie's post, switching from one "outfit" to another is the way to quickly change avatar appearance.

In addition to a selection of outfits that dress the avatar, you may also want one that makes the avatar nude -- including an, umm, "attachment".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case it's not already obvious from Hippie's post, switching from one "outfit" to another is the way to quickly change avatar appearance.

In addition to a selection of outfits that dress the avatar, you may also want one that makes the avatar nude -- including an, umm, "attachment".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much to both of you for the very helpful replies. Sl seems like a very helpful comminity with people wanting to help newbies like myself out.

A SL user send me a good user skin which solves the nude nakedness problem while another send me the required "attachment" :) only problem is once I wear an outfit it will show through it, seems only way to stop it showing for now is to use the "detach" menu function. That works ok but maybe you know of a different way so as to wear an outfit and it not showing.?

Another thing is how do I change the skin tone color so as to blend better with the skin color?

many thanks once again

Paddy

I guess different viewers handle this differently, but assuming you're using a recent vintage Linden viewer, you just want to make sure the attachment is part of your "naked" outfit; then it should go away when you choose another outfit and "Wear - Replace Current Outfit".

(There are also much more complicated ways to get the same effect using a system called "RLV" that is only in some non-Linden viewers.  Also, many attachments have scripts that set them fully transparent, to "hide" them, but that's not very sensible: people can still see the items whenever they're using the "highlight transparent" viewer setting, among other drawbacks.  So I recommend sticking with the built-in "outfits" mechanism -- it's simpler and better.)

Regarding tinting the attachment... that's hard to say, without knowing about the specific attachment.  Some have special scripts that change color and/or texture.  Most free ones, however, are unscripted, but are distributed with permission settings that allow you to adjust texture and color yourself, using the Texture tab of the Build tool.

The lotus and the xcite appendages are best.  Stick to one though because when the time comes you need to be familiar with the controls which are all very different