Unwelcome Congratulations

Dresden Ceriano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It all started when I entered a poem in the Love Me Notes contest.  Then I got a number of kudos and, because of that, I was promoted to Advisor (sic).

My questions is... why should my kudos for a LL contest (which should just be considered votes for my poem) be counted toward my ranking?  Why should my ranking be changed because of it?

Shouldn't rankings be decided because of a person's contribution to the forum and not because they entered a contest with an outstanding poem?  Of course, I think it's outstanding, but who cares if it is or it's not?  That doesn't make me, in any way, shape or form more of a contributor to the forum than I was before... which I really haven't been lately.

My point being that I don't think kudos that are votes for contests should be counted in forum ranking.  What are your thoughts?

...Dres

You must have been on the cusp of a new rank, as was I, and this fun little contest would have been a whole lot more fun if the kudos hadn't been counted towards the ranking system.

But then, the ranking system has always been farcical to a lot of us anyway. I mean, if someone were to ask me about scripting or putting things in a rezz faux, or to make something using mesh, I would not be able to answer them. Ask me about 'stalking' devices, what to do if being griefed/ghosted/clouded/all the simple everyday stuff, ok, I'm yer man. Yet, if the rankings system were of any importance to anyone seeking help via these forums, they'd assume we knew something about everything we're likely to be asked.

Perhaps contests should have their own separate voting system - hearts or something as this one is for valentines.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

:heart:

p.s. to the op, Advisor is a common alternate spelling

Thanks Charo, I realized that after I posted it, then it was moved and I thought it was deleted.

My biggest mistake was posting it in the first place... people might get the wrong impression and think I actually still care what goes on here.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.