Sign in to follow this  
Flip Idlemind

I Got Charged a Commission on my own item!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just purchased an item on the Marketplace, FROM MYSELF, as a gift, and was charged a commission for it! o.O Does the SL Marketplace really charge me a commission to send MY OWN items as gifts?

ANY transaction that goes through LindenLab's Marketplace will be charged a commission.  It doesn't matter to whom from whom.  So yes...gifting something to yourself from your own inventory (which I'm having a hard time understanding) is going to cost you money.  My suggestion:  Don't do that again.  LOL!  :)

Rawr, that's annoying. But I guess 5% on L$99 isn't a huge loss to me. Still, I should be able to send my own objects to people for free, and I seem to remember there being such a feature on the old Xstreet.

also......

if you're not inworld, and you need to send a product to a customer who is waiting on a failed delivery, and the redeliver function is not available, then you get charged a commission on your own product that you sent to save face with customer, that LL is probably never going to pay you for.

Imagine that.

Flip Idlemind wrote:

Rawr, that's annoying. But I guess 5% on L$99 isn't a huge loss to me. Still, I should be able to send my own objects to people for free, and I seem to remember there being such a feature on the old Xstreet.

The only way to give your own objects to people for free is to do it inworld.  Open their profile and drag the item from your inventory to their profile window.  And there ya go!  Free!  But if you try to do it through the Marketplace...you're gonna pay a commission on it.

If you don't like paying a commission on your own item, maybe you could just lower the price to 9L or lower long enough to process the order.

Or maybe you could just pull the thing out of your inventory and put it back in?

Go ahead. I won't tell the Lindens. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.