Does a landlord have the right to accept 36,000L a day before it is due then evict?

Stormylee1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

My response is the same as last night to this thread you started:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Abuse-and-Griefing/How-do-you-stop-a-landlord-from-treating-you-badly-and/qaq-p/1361727

If you have read the ToS you know that any personal transactions you take part in with another resident are entirely between you and the resident you are dealing with.  Linden Lab will not get involved.  You gave your landlord the equivalant of about $140 USD willingly.  You gave that money to someone you do not know (and have no way of knowing) who they are, what they are (they could be the biggest thief in the world for all you know), where they live, or anything about about them.  That's about the most insane thing I have heard yet in my SL experience in the forums..........I've been an active, participating forum dweller since mid April, 2006.

It might be dishonest of the landlord (and probably is) but you were not the sharpest tack in the box by giving that many lindens to a total stranger.  Would you hand over a $140 to someone in a parking lot because he/she said they would wash your car every week for the next 10 years?  I thought not.....but you just did the same thing with your landlord.

• Like 3

1.   Take the advice from Charolotte and Peggy already given to you.

2.   Don't start any more new threads about this.

3.   Remember the horses are only virtual, and no real horses have been harmed.

4.   Remove the remark from your profile giving your landlord's name - it does not help your case, and in fact your landlord could AR you on grounds of harrassment.

• Like 1

Its impossible for her to hold your property except to leave it where you put it.  She can't take it or move it anywhere unless you had them set to allow it.

If your property hasn't been returned its still sitting on the land where you put it and she's the one paying the price for her actions.  You can file an abuse report for the return of your property if you are not allowed to go get it  (you've been banned) & it isn't returned to you.  However before you file, clear your cache to make sure it hasn't come back.  It would be in your lost and found folder as a collated object.  Just raze it out in a sandbox if there and you can then pick them up individually.

As far as your money, I'm sorry but unless you two come to an agreement of some sort your only recourse is a RL court of law. 

There are reputable land lords around and people do pay sums like that for rentals of  sims all the time, contrary to what another poster said.  I live on a very well run and stable estate and have my business on another one.  Always research who your renting from.  Be sure its someone with a good reputation (talk to their other tenants or people who have dealt with them), that the estate has been around for a while (indicates financial stability and fair dealings) and the prices charged are reasonable for the services included, quality of service, and size you are renting (shop around and check what the like landlords are charging).  Its true here in SL as it is in RL.  If its too good to be true it probably isn't.

• Like 3

Added to the perfectly answered by others: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Transactions-and-disputes-between-Residents/ta-p/799395 (from the offcial Knowledge Base)

People sometimes seek help with questions such as the following:

• I rented a land parcel from another Resident and they are taking it back from me, even though I paid the fees or rent.
  • Another Resident is not upholding their agreement regarding real estate, group management, performance of services, or division of revenue.
  • I paid for something, but didn't receive it as promised.
  • I provided something, but the buyer didn't pay for it as promised.

However, Linden Lab cannot verify, enforce, certify, examine, uphold, or adjudicate any oath, contract, deal, bargain, or agreement made by the Residents of Second Life.  Nor does Linden Lab enforce or uphold rental agreements between Residents.  While you may have a valid agreement with another person, Linden Lab is not a party to and cannot resolve your dispute.   Please contact the Resident involved and resolve the issue with them.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.