Why can't I sign into Second Life?

Buttputty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am unable to sign into my Pravda Quan account.  When I come in as a diff person and look at my friends list, I see that I am signed in as Pravda Quan.  I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled and I still can not get into the game in that account.  My avatar is still standing in the middle of my home and ppl can see it.  People can walk right thru the avatar.  Every time I try to sign into the game it says i cant for another 5 mins.  HELP!!  I have no idea what to do to get back in.

4 answers to this question

Wait until tomorrow.  Most sims are getting a server upgrade tomorrow that should fix the problem. ......

Stuck Presence Issue

Posted by Status Desk on January 28th, 2012 at 10:15 am PST

[postED 10:03AM 28 January 2012] We are aware that some residents are experiencing log in issues caused by a stuck presence from their previous log out from Second Life. This problem can usually be cleared by logging into a different region by following these steps:

1. Open Second Life Preferences to the General tab and check the box ‘Show at Log in’ for the start location options to appear on the log in screen.
2. Using the drop down menu to the right of the Log In button on the Log in Screen, change the drop down to ‘Type region name’ and type in another region such as the region [Lime]
3. Click Log In.

If this does not allow you to log in please submit a Support case using Technical Questions > Second Life Viewer Login Issues for assistance. The cause of this issue is currently under investigation.

• Like 1

Did you crash/get logged out on a certain sim? if so, make an alt or pull up a different account and contact the land owners and ask them to restart the sim...mine was ghosted for about 4 days, and i had the land owner restart the sim and it unstuck,...hopefully that can help you...

Who knows? Nobody here can begin to guess, because you didn't tell us anything about your computer, your connection, your viewer, or any error messages you might be getting. Not only that, but you put your question at the end of someone else's rather old thread, where almost nobody will see it. To try to get some answers, make your own new thread and include as much information as you can.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.