My sim has been re-started, but the LAG is absolutely HORRENDOUS - what is going on and why????

Stormylee1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am unable, suddenly, to move on my own property.  The sim was just restarted and the lag is now worse than it was before.  This is ridiculous!  Can anyone tell me why this has suddenly occurred, when nothing else has changed on my 1/2 sim, no settings have been altered by me and I am nowhere within range of using my prim allowance.  I have used less than half of my prim allowance so there should be no lag at all.  HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

2 answers to this question

SL's servers can handle more than one sim each.  Lag on your sim might not be caused by anything on your sim at all, but by something that changed on another sim on the same servers (or, more likely, on the other 1/2 of the sim that you're on).  Also, the number of prims on your 1/2 sim won't make any difference to lag.  Prims that are just sitting there don't cause lag. Rezzing prims does, and so does moving them.  What will make a difference is how many of those prims are physical, scripted, or (heaven forbid) temp rezzers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.