Pulling out my hair..please help!

Simply Zero

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have just discovered that a folder I had in my inventory that contained every piece of furniture, gardening, and house I owned has disappeared.....I am frantic at this point as this folder alone contained over 25000L worth of items and I can not submit a ticket for it as the ticket submission area does not have a catagory for it...Is there anyone out there that can please help me with this issue? I neeeeeeeed that folder!

2 answers to this question

I hear ya. Been there with the "same" folder, mine called "House and Garden". If you are premium and if this was a very recent loss, you MAY be able to get things back by talking to live support. If not, you chances are pretty nil. Actually a premium friend of mine who lost her WHOLE HALF SIM STORE backup several years ago never got it back. She quit the business but still logs in from time to time.

I am assuming you have gone through all the inventory recovery steps like clearing cache and logging into a quiet region or the beta grid in hope of recovery. If not, someone will undoubtedly give you that advice. The bad news is that we do loose things. My folder had about 2000 items in there and I also oddly enough lost one of my backup folders and "belts". Yes odd.

The good news is that as dire as it seems  -- and I really DO know how you feel -- we recover. We rebuild, collect new stuff. It is a bit like your house burning down in real life. Tragic, but we move on.

I hope you get your stuff back but know that in a year it won't hurt near as much.

It could be that your entire inventory is not loading even though your viewer said it has fetched everything.  I have this happen alot over the years.  If you've done all you can do of the recommended procedures mentioned in previous answer posts, then you just have to wait.  Things can show back up as suddenly as they disappeared.  Usually they show back up for me in a few days, but I lost one very expenseive item once and searched and searched until i gave up thinking it was gone foever.  About 8 months later it suddenly showed up again.

A Linden once told me a few years ago when i asked abou this that sometimes items in the asset data base become disassociated with the avatar that owns them.  They go to basically a holding 'tank' until the problem is fixed on a future release or someone at LL has the time to track down the correct owner.  Not sure if this is true anymore, but i still have things that disappear for days or weeks only to show back up. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.