I can't seem to get my avatar logged out of Secondlife .. eventhough I have completely logged out?

Be11a Lefevre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

YAY!!!  I tried to log into my LAST LOCATION.. it worked!!!! yeeeeee!!!!!

Hello,

I can't seem to be able to log my avatar completely out of secondlife? I logged out  three times and reinstalled my viewer 3 times .. but somehow .. my avatar is still lost in limbo at my last location.  My partner was there with me when it kicked me out.. and he says ..according to his friends list.. I am still logged-in?  Please help! I Have to get married soon everything paid for !   giggles

Stuck Presence Issue

[POSTED 10:03AM 28 January 2012] We are aware that some residents are experiencing log in  issues caused by a stuck presence from their previous log out from Second Life. This problem can usually be cleared by logging into a different region by following these steps: 

1. Open Second Life Preferences to the General tab and check the box ‘Show at Log in’ for the start location options to appear on the log in screen. 2. Using the drop down menu to the right of the Log In button on the Log in Screen, change the drop down to ‘Type region name’ and type in another region such as the region [Lime] 3. Click Log In.

If this does not allow you to log in please submit a Support case using Technical Questions > Second Life Viewer Login Issues for assistance. The cause of this issue is currently under investigation.

Be11a Lefevre

2 answers to this question

Why do you think that is a mistake?  The techs at Linden Lab wrote it, they told you a couple things to try to unstick your presence and if all else fails file a support ticket.  They even told you what to file it under.  If you've done what LL told you to try and it didn't work then do as they suggest....file the ticket

You can uninstall and re-install untl you are blue in the face........that is not the problem and it won't fix the problem.  If you run out of gas in your car and you keep replacing your battery, you're still out of gas and your car won't start.  Take the word of the people who know.....it's not a mistake.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.