Objects invisible or off-screen when wearing or attaching them anywhere

PromisingBoy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Try this - attach the item that disappears and then attach another HUD that you know will show up on your screen. Right-click on the visible HUD and pick "Edit". Now use your mouse scroll wheel or equivalent to zoom out. You should see the layout of the HUDS shrink along with the outline of the screen area. You should be able to see the off-screen HUD if you zoom out far enough. Now "edit" the off-screen HUD and use "move" to drag it into the screen-area rectangle and then zoom the screen layout back to full-screen size.

First off, thanks for the pointers. I did indeed manage to spot something red after hitting CTRL-ALT-T and pull it back into the main window.

However, I think I created more problems than I solved.

(a) since I didn't know how to move stuff I practiced with the "good" HUD. This then snapped to some central position and for the life of it I cannot get it back to its former position. It seems to snap to very few positions, most of them being partially off screen. Detaching & re-attaching does not help.

UPDATE: I found a checkbox called "snap" - that solves the issue

(b) the "bad" HUD is still invisible. Only with CTRL-ALT-T is it possible to make it appear.

[rant about the editor deleted]

Any idea?

The "invisible" HUD may be turned so that it's edge is facing you. A HUD is an object like any other, but they're usually built as a flat, cardlike object. It may have somehow been attached so that it's turned away from you. A few HUD's turn themselves away from your field of view when they're "hidden" but they should have a button you can click to make them turn the right direction again. Try detaching it, MAKING A COPY OF IT (if it's copyable) and then experimenting with the COPY. (Don't think I"m yelling at you, just giving very strong advice.)

It may have gotten broken when you tried to attach it to a different location. If it came in a box see if you still have it and if there's another copy in the box you can use. If it's no-copy but transfer you might be able to talk the maker into giving you a new copy if you ask very politely and send back your non-usable one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.