jina69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, jina and Becca

This is currently a common problem

Please read the Grid Status report by clicking this link http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2012/01/28/post1553/

Follow the advice carefully on the Grid Status report.

If you still have problems then you need to contact Support - click the "help" button at the top of this screen, and then there are options on the right hand side of the next screen to contact support to submit a ticket.

I do urge everyone to submit a support ticket. However, It is possible to log in - but very difficult - I have done so with two of my avatars ghosted over the past few days.

If you wish to try this method, you will need tremendous patience.

If you try to log back into where your avatar is currently stuck, you will fail.  So (as per the Grid Status advice) change your start login location. Lime or Furball or Quarrel are all good empty water sims.  If you persistently log in, see the same message, click to ok the message and retry your log in over and over and over again in quick succession, there is a chance you will be able to log in. Patience is key, and belief in yourself. It took me 11 minutes and 30 consecutive tries earlier with one of my stuck avatars. With the other stuck avatar ("ghost") it took only 4 minutes.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: Once you have been able to log back into Second Life, you need to teleport across to where your "ghost" doppelganger is. You won't be able to see it, but your true avatar will merge with it and you will be ok - until this happens again - until this little bug is fixed, which will hopefully be soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.