getting a fatal error message

Amarie Glenfadden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

anyone knows what this is? it makes me crash but this is since two days.

ERROR: llmessage/lltemplatemessagebuilder.cpp(724) : buildBlock: buildBlock failed. Attempt to pack 45194 bytes into a buffer with size 8150.  

i can only click OK and then sl is gone. i have to restart. it has been doing this several times now today and at one point repetedly after eachother .. within 1 minute of loging in. 

i posted this 2 days ago and no one knows?

1 answer to this question

I have never seen that error message, so I can only guess .... and this is a wild guess, based on the fact that your error seems to have something to do with "messages".  When you receive message notifications in world, a little box opens in the lower right corner of your screen.  If you click the "X" to delete the box or if you right click periodically and select "Clear notifications", then those messages go away.  If you don't, then they can pile up.  If you log out, these unread notifications are saved for when you next log in. If there are too many of them, processing them during next log in can cause a log in time out and you will be disconnected. The solution here is to delete the file with the saved notifications.  Here's what I'd do to solve the problem in Firestorm.  If you are using another viewer, the method is the same.  Just look for a slightly different filename.

• Locate your Firestorm settings folder. If you do not see this folder, you may need to show hidden folders.
    • On XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME]\Application Data\Firestorm
      or use the environment variable %APPDATA%)
    • On Windows Vista and 7: C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm
      (or use the environment variable %APPDATA%)
    • On a Mac: /Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Firestorm
    • On Linux: ~/.firestorm
  • In this folder, open each folder which has the name of your SL account(s) and inside that, delete the file called open_notifications.xml - this will result in all past, unread notifications being lost.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.