llSetClickAction() Don't work on huds and should be fixed ASAP

Joshewa Daniels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Let's consider the options:

• CLICK_ACTION_NONE, CLICK_ACTION_TOUCH - Work
  • CLICK_ACTION_SIT- you can't sit on a HUD !
  • CLICK_ACTION_BUY - you already own it
  • CLICK_ACTION_PAY - pays yourself
  • CLICK_ACTION_OPEN
  • CLICK_ACTION_PLAY
  • CLICK_ACTION_OPEN_MEDIA
  • CLICK_ACTION_ZOOM - can't zoom on a HUD

So most of the click action options don't make sense for a HUD anyway.  There's nothing to stop the owner using right-click for the menu of all actions at any time.  I can't see what "amazing products and services" are limited by not having _OPEN, _PLAY and _OPEN_MEDIA available at a single touch.

True, you can't reproduce all the behaviour of _OPEN with a script but I wouldn't have thought anyone would want to.  Interesting things could be done with _PLAY and _OPEN_MEDIA but there are better scripting functions to control media anyway.  If you want that ability at a single click then make your HUD with a button/hot-spot that runs the appropriate routine when clicked.

• Like 1

sure some may seem silly to be usefullhow ever one that is much needed is the pay feature,

how ever for systems such as rp game systems and other such systems could benifit greatly with a hud payment ability, how ever the use would rewquire the owner of the object to allow debit permissions, what in turn would allow the scripting

of you paying your own hud actually do a give money to the system admin account for the rp system. in addition another use would allow for a hud based vending ability from remote vendor systems as well, just because some of the functions dont seem as practical for most people cause they are narrow minded in there ideas of practical uses, others how ever knwo many ways to use such abilitys that cam be benificial.

So, in effect you're not just asking for a change of the complete payment logic where at the same time you could simply script a HUD that pays someone some money. The narrow minded people here have found workarounds for almost anything. That is what this forum is about (well, at least for a good part) - it is not, as I may repeat, for feature requests.

I'm sorry I'm too narrow minded to think a complete change of the SL payment, ownership and permissions system, so that you can wear and pay things owned by other people, is worth it, just to bypass the safeguard of people giving debit permission.

[PS: I think the OP is not a native English speaker and is doing a lot better than I would in any other language so I assume the insult in 'narrow minded' is not intended.  On the other hand I think I've had enough of an environment in which 'so many owe so much to so few' with so little thanks. Probably going to sail off into the Void for a bit, at least until my IDE development is finished]

If money() etc. worked in attachments, it would be super duper easy to run vendor spoofing scams even in no rez areas. So that's not gonna happen. Even if it was restricted to the HUD points, it would be super duper easy to make one that covered the whole screen and intercepted all payments. So that's not gonna happen either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.