dance anims

rockerX0X0X

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

cherry pips / double dip / dip me in chocolate / swoon / purple whirl pool or blue whirlpool / now we know / bump n grind /emanule

anyone know if there aree in free versions of any of the above dance anims floating round sl i know the multi dance hud 1.0 dont have them

those are sine wave dances..if they haven't put them up for free then there are none..

you could check their sim if it's still around..that or maybe check the used section of the  market place to see if anyone is selling or giving away the ones they had bought..

i don't think they are around anymore though..i haven't seen them in the search in a long time..but i could be wrong and they are just lower in the search than they used to be...

If you find them for 'free' they are pirated copies. With a couple of exceptions, Sine wave does not give away dances for free and has never given these away to my knowledge. If you've heard of HUDS that include them the HUD creator must have purchased them from Sine Wave with a commercial license that allows them to include them in their HUD or they pirated them.

Sine Wave is still around and still sells these dances.  I think you'll find most of them in the Female Dances section.   I'm not familiar with the dance HUD you mentioned but most HUDS allow you to add dances.  See the instructions for your HUD for how to do this, but generally it involves dumping the animation into your HUDS edit contents then adding the name to a notecard inside the HUD and is easy to do .  If you like these, why not buy the dances individually and add them to your HUD?

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know why there are so few Mer dance animations around? Are they difficult to create? I know that the stance (legs)  has to be designed particularly for Mer folk, but I'm surprised at finding so few available. I have found a couple of excellent creators of Mer dances, but unfortunately they do not sell their creations at full perms for builders.

If you find them for free, and you use them, you subject yourself to a possible ban.

As noted in post 2, they are sinwave products - made by a specific person in SL, and sold by that person.

They are also fairly low price. Last time I bought from sinwave I think it was about 250L for a no-copy/trans version, give or take a little. That's about $1 US.

- Even when I was a newbie, I had a HUD full og about 15 dances, expanded to about 30 over time, and now have likewise on a couple of alts.

After you lock down your basic look, if you like SL clubs this is a good next investment; coupled with a HUD or Chim that lets you have friends dance with you.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Acep Scorpio wrote:

Does anyone know why there are so few Mer dance animations around? Are they difficult to create?

Most of the dances in SL are made via motion capture. Its a little hard to find a mermaid in real life willing to wear a motion capture getup.

It's even harder to put the gear on a fish.

In addition to what the others say it is not a trivial task to make a good animation, especially of the length and complexity of dances and especially especially if they are for couples.

I don't suppose the market for 'mer dances' is particularly huge so I suppose most animation creators simply don't address it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.