My avatara remained in Rybinsk!

Veresk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You are not alone. This was posted on the status blog today:-

POSTED 10:03AM 28 January 2012] We are aware that some residents are experiencing log in issues caused by a stuck presence from their previous log out from Second Life. This problem can usually be cleared by logging into a different region by following these steps:

1. Open Second Life Preferences to the General tab and check the box ‘Show at Log in’ for the start location options to appear on the log in screen.
2. Using the drop down menu to the right of the Log In button on the Log in Screen, change the drop down to ‘Type region name’ and type in another region such as the region [Lime]
3. Click Log In.

If this does not allow you to log in please submit a Support case using Technical Questions > Second Life Viewer Login Issues for assistance. The cause of this issue is currently under investigation.

I had the same problem the other day. I tried all the non support ticket suggestions and nothing worked until I followed this advice: Avatar Ghost Exorcism

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2010/09/ghosted-avatar-and-exorcism.html

Logon as usual.  You will probably get the usual message.  But, according to the information in the blogs, the ghosted avatars go off-line for a minute every 14 minutes.  During that time you can log on.  So if you keep trying to log on, you should succeed within 14 minutes. 

The only problem with doing the "log in to another region" solution is that there is nowhere to find out the names of regions.  What they should do is offer the window to type a region name in PLUS a drop down menu of 25 regions that historically have few log in problems.  I have been in SL for almost 3 years and I cannot positively tell you the name of any region.  OH wait, forgot.  This is Linden Labs we are talking about.  The company that prides itself on doing everything assbackwards and commen sense is not to be found.

I have been a ghost for 2 and 1/2 days, trust me typing in the name of the region you are stuck logging out in, or a different region or your home region makes no diff.  You are online and so cant log in.  We will be released when what ever region you are in is restarted.  I suspect LL just doesnt want every one yelling for region restarts before they are ready i.e. have figured out all they busted with the monthly sledgehammer session.  Have patience or make an alt.  Just wish LL would do the updates on mondays instead of late in the week, ruining peoples weekends.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.