Does LL keep a copy of all chat logs

nightshadow50

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Any business that plans on staying in business will always keep records of all aspects of their business.  SL being what SL is with the social aspect requires that Linden Lab keep those records for, at least, any time frame required by some law enforcement authority.  For instance, if something occurs in SL and the actions are done by one or more of the residents of SL and it at later comes to the attention of some law enforcement agency those law enforcement folks are going to want (and have the authority to demand) those records.

Yes, LL logs everything that can be logged and keeps those logs for as long as necessary to protect both Linden Lab and it's residents.  Why would you ever think otherwise?

I have had some people argue both sides and decided to find out from someone that would know and appreciate the answer. When these little arguments come up it is nice to know there is a place to go and get the right answer than hearing a bunch of people that really don't know. Trust me I have no intention of asking such a question as a paying customer to do something stupid lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.