Sinking!

Raven1 Short

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've noticed that quite often when I'm walking and standing in places my feet disappear in the floor or ground. I know this happens sometimes, but I've been noticing it happening everywhere I go.

I know there is an adjustment you can make somewhere to fix it?

I don't remember where. Help?Snapshot_017.jpg

What viewer are you using? I know this is quite common in Firestorm, and thankfully there's also a handy little tool that the Phoenix/Firestorm team have made easily accessible. There's an icon on the bottom of the screen, where the inventory, outfit, and other icons are, that looks like the Firestorm/Phoenix logo. Click that, and there's a slider labelled "height offset." If you're sinking into the ground, you'll want to move that to the right to shift your avatar up.

I'm not sure how to access that in other viewers, just in Firestorm, since that's the one I use.

Pheonix and Firestorm are developed by the same people so it could be a common issue.  But I don't know, I use the SL viewers myself.  I do know that, in the past, that problem was with AO's.  Judging the image you posted your stand is not a default stand so I'm sure you're using an AO......try removing it and see if it stops.

So the problem is solved?

Because when I looked at the screenshot, it almost looks like the cut is right where the jeans ended - suggesting an alpha map got put on you. I've got a lot of alpha maps that are designed to hig my feet, hands, or head - result of being a furry. And I was thinking that maybe prim feet people are doing that too.

Wouldn't that put the avatar above the ground?  I mean if the feet are hidden with an alpha it would make it appear that the avatar was floating above the ground.....not sunk into the ground like the OP mentioned.  But it is curious that the feet look like they are buried to right the cuff of the pants.

I don't know but your suggestion is a good point.  :)

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

Phoenix doesn't have the same icons, I don't think - those came about in V2. In Phoenix, it should be under Preferences > Phoenix > Avatar > X,Y,Z Modifier. The Z modifier should move your avi up and down to get her feet out of the floor.

That seemed to work. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.