SIM-crossing. It's terrible.

Lali Kamala

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Linden's Mainland has long roads and we can travel free on own cars or on Linden's cars. It's a cool. But. Locations on the Mainland have same size as a simple SIM - too little for comfortable traveling without SIM-crossing. It's mean that every 15-20 seconds we can or dive under land or fly to the sky.
Yesterday me and my friend was tried to travel on Linden's car, but at first SIM-bound we was flyed up to the cosmic space and flyed and flyed and flyed with big speed over the lands and locations. We could not wait end of that fly and did relog.

Will this situation change for the better in the near future? I mean SIM-crossing.

3 answers to this question

In theory, sim crossings were meant to have been improved this week. However, I agree with you that there are problems, and things seem to have got worse.

When you cross from one sim to the next in a vehicle, you are not, as the road or landscape would lead you to believe, going in a straight line, but have to travel from one server to another.  All the information on your avatar, plus the vehicle in which you are travelling, all has to transfer, and it tends to do so at a different rate.  This is why you can become unseated from your vehicle, or find attachments may not still be attached when you appear in the next sim.

If you keep your attachments to a minimum while teleporting or travelling across sim borders, you will have a smoother ride and a better chance of arriving in your destination intact.

There is a JIRA that has been ongoing since 2007 about sim crossings.  You may wish to add your comments to this, plus click on the "vote" and "watch" options at the top of the page. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-472

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.