Server never finish the logout process. Is there something to do other than wait for next week?

orctown

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry if this is wrong forum but have not been able see this described anywhere.

This happend today in the Fritts region. Suddenly was disconnected and when trying to login it says the server is in the process of finishing the logout. Then dutifully wait until the given time and try again. This time to be met by the time being set forward another 4 minutes. This happens each time trying to login.

Logging in alt works fine. Going to the region one can see the character still there. But i cant use at all.

Sorry if this is wrong forum. But this server problem need be corrected. Its the process of logging out that never finish.

Ghosting:  Now I seem to recall that if you can get a friend inworld to IM you, your avatar will be logged out, but I don't actually know if that works still.

Otherwise it's support and either a ticket and...wait......or if you are Premium, Live chat and they should be able to get the sim restarted if it's a Linden sim.  If it's private it's up to the landlord I'm afraid.

Also see this JIRA: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28209 .  There is a suggestion that the code changes behind Threaded Region crossing may be responsible for a resurgence in "ghosting".

Welcome to the Second Life Forums, orctown

Tell them you are unable to log in because you have an agent present inworld already.  They should be able to knock your presence offline.

As has already been said on this thread, "ghosting" used to be a common problem, which was fixed around March 2011.  All the methods - official or unofficial - given for fixing the issue at this time are not working.  Therefore, the best thing to do is contact Live chat https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

And please add your comments and vote/watch the JIRA https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28209 

I wish you good luck, and please ask that you return to this thread to let everyone know when you are able to log back in again. It will be very helpful to others encountering a similar problem.

Thank you marigold. Im very happy and you provided the answer in a different thread.

Im reporting this here. And yes you are an angel telling about these things.

To solve ghost problem follow the directions posted in

Answers > Avatar > Avatar Ghosted in the mainland

The directions there worked perfect.

I might add as comment that one need be persistent i think it took 20 times or more before the login finished

Again many thanks to all of you who answerd to my question.

Welcome to Second Life Forums, loveyousophy.

I'm pleased you've been able to get back into world. I fear there are many others locked out currently. Thank you for posting here; anyone who finds a solution, it is really useful to other people to post it, gives others hope too. 

Thank you all for the wonderful comments it really helped me. In the hope others also

try the solution provided by Marigold. 

Login to a different but empty region. I tried many times and login eventually worked

i think i did about 20 attempts each moving the login bar a tiny bit, it finally worked.

once there i jumped to where the ghost was and my character was whole again.

Forgot to tell that the empty regiojn i logged into is known as Furball

yes trying login to region writing the name over and over eventually got me logged in and then moved towards where my ghost was and poof my avatar was nice again.

To clarify just keep logging in to furball ignoring the error and doing again without stopping the viewer eventually the login bar is moved far enough and you are logged in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.