I never get items purchased on Marketplace

talista

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My AV is now over 20 days old and i can not get items purchased from Marketplace either by me or sent as gifts.  EVERY time it ends in a failed delivery and has now happened on over 30 items, so no, it is not just a 'glitch' and i am also age verified

Any suggestions?

7 answers to this question

First and above all, DO NOT fill your cart. This is known to cause most undelivery issues. Also try as much as possible to be inworld when purchasing to receive your items.

Now what do you do? You'll have to go to your marketplace account > order history and send a notecard to EACH merchant including the name of the item and the transaction number, and very politely ask for a redelivery.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Shopping-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700195

Unreceived items

Has it been more than 24 hours since you ordered? If so, contact the merchant, explain what happened, and politely request redelivery of the item. If it has been less than 24 hours, please be patient and check again later. If the merchant doesn't respond, you can submit a support case requesting redelivery. Make sure to include the order number and the exact name of the undelivered item(s).

Slow deliveries may currently be more noticeable because you now have a cart to which you can add multiple items. (This wasn't the case with the old Xstreet, which closed for purchases in October 2010.) Unfortunately, we can only send so many items at a time.

32px-KBnote.png Note: There are several interrelated causes that slow down delivery. We are hard at work on creating a faster and more reliable Marketplace system that will soon make Magic Boxes obsolete.

Hello talista and welcome to SL Forums. Some general suggestions at first:

1. Avoid to overload your shopping cart. It is one of the top causes for delivery failures
  2. Check always your inbox in world. For all residents it can store only 25 notifications (about everything). If you have more, they are capped.
  3. Last weeks there is a bug with offlines with affects all viewers and several residents. When they are offline, they got nothing. If this bug affects you also, try to block (mute) something or someone in world and relog. It is possible to fix the issue this way.
  4. If your problem is general when you purchase from Marketplace, use it only for search and go shopping in world.

About your problem you have 2 options now:

1. Contact the merchant: open your Dashboard --> Shopping --> Marketplace --> My Marketplace --> My account --> Order History --> If you see that your last purchases delivered means that the merchant got payed --> Take a copy of your last purchases (there you see the name of the merchant)--> Open your inventory --> create a New Notecard --> Paste there --> send the notecard to the merchant(s) describing what was happened and asking politely for redelivery.
  2. Contact support: If you don't get a reply by the merchant you can Submit a ticket https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ --> Marketplace category --> Failed Marketplace Delivery. Explain analytically what was happened, include the order number and the name(s) of the item(s) that failed to be delivered and wait for a reply.

Only a little addition to the previous and perfect answers. Send to the merchant a notecard AND a instant message. As you can see, it's possible the Merchant don't see the notecard (many instant messages...), but it's very odd if the merchand don't see her/his IMs in his/her email :)

IMs and notecards BOTH count against the cap of 25 items or messages that you can receive when you are not in world. As a result, if people send a merchant an IM and a notecard, the merchant's "in box" fills twice as fast, making it even more likely that he will never receive your message.

The way it's set up, IMs that are forwarded to your e-mail are still held in your "in box" until you log in again, so they still count against your 25 cap. That's why you usually find that you still receive IMs after you log in, even if you already saw them in e-mail.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.