My question is about Skins and Shapes.

Sensual Rhapsody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am looking for a new skin, but I am happy with the shape i currently have, i can't seem to find another quite as nice. But i've noticed that when trying on a new skin, it really looks nothing like the picture of the skin i've tried on Unless i try it on With the skin it came with. The most differences i see are that in the face.

my guess would be that it's because the skin was made for that particular shape to wear. But then some skins are sold without a shape, so i was wondering if there was a default setting on the avatar appearance preferences somewhere that needs to be set  to that certain skin's specifications to  look the same? But i have never seen any settings listed in the skins notecard to acheive this.

i have modified my current shape a bit, and that's what makes us all unique, but i guess i'm confused as to why a skin would be sold separately without a shape that ends up looking different if we don't know how to adjust it to come Close to what it should look like.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sensual

3 answers to this question

Hello.

As you have discovered, yes, skins will look different on different shapes. Most skin shops that I have encountered will sell shapes to achieve the look in the photo and most shape stores will provide a notecard telling you which skin they used to achieve their look in their photo. They call them styling cards and also usually list the hair also.

If the skin is sold without any sort of accompanying shape option or style card, contacting the creator may be your only option.

Hello Sensual. The pics you see at Marketplace are a combination of a specific shape, specific skin, hair, often prim attachments (for example eyelashes), eyes, taken under specific environment settings and sometimes edited with photoshop or other programs. The only you can do is to try demos till to find which skin fits better on your avatar. Alternatively find a fatpack you really like, which includes skin, shape(s) and several make-ups.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.