Sign in to follow this  
aimeewhole

Avatar is slowly vanishing. neck, arms and ankles gone. Have skin on, body shape, eyes, hair base

Question

4 answers to this question

Hello aimeewhole and welcome to SL Forums. Start with an avatar test. You find it under Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female. If it works, it will remove from your avatar everything can cause the problem and you will see your avatar like a noob. After build again your avatar step by step adding skin, shape, clothes etc. If the problem remains, try the suggestions here:  http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_fail They work for all viewers. If the problem remains, try a different viewer. We had in past cases with residents who fixed the problem this way. Good luck.

• Like 1

Have you been wearing some clothing or other items which require alpha layers, and somehow forgot to remove these when changing clothes?

I seem to remember a thread about a year ago regarding parts of the avatar being transparent, and nothing helped. I can't find that thread back, though... (I wish I had bookmarked the thread, but I didn't. :() I think the solution to that problem was either that the viewer was running on a screen that was not the main screen for the person with the issue, OR it was simply a matter of resizing the viewer window... It could be I remember everything wrong, and the solution was none of this.

- Luc -

This seemed to come closest to fixing things. Me and some friends believe it was something to do with some eyes I had on the avatar. when I finally got rid of the 'bad' eyes, things went back to normal almost instantly. There were no visible alpha layers on my avatar, at least there was nothing I could further remove.

ANyway, thank you everyone for your help, problem has gone away