Excuse me, I need advice.

Illybetha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is the first I have ever heard of anyone getting banned for swearing in an IM, or even open chat that matter. Normally in order to get banned it has to be something pretty serious or you would have to have a lot of AR's filed against you. I would say 80 percent of AR's don't even get looked at. LIke someone else eluded to, you would be shocked at some of the reasons people file AR's against others. Its just petty and rediculous.

Now if you threatened the person or were constantly bothering them, then yes you might get banned. Just defending yourself and calling someone the B word or to F off I highly doubt LL will even bother with it. Simply being a land owner in SL doesn't carry much clout, if any at all. You would have to be friends with someone that actually works at LL to have any influence, and even then that person may not be willing to risk their job over doing something like that.

That being said your boss does have the right to fire you and ban you from her land. Its her company and her land she can do what she wants. There are no Employment laws in SL, you can hire and fire anyone you wish for any reason at all. And you can control who comes on your land regardless of your reason for doing it.

Illybetha wrote:

I was confused about something with an employer in Second Life, and I asked about it. She got angry with me for being confused, and fired me. I was angry enough to send her a long IM explaining why I was upset, and I even cursed at her. She said she would report me to Linden Labs. Is it likely that I will be banned or something worse?

Probably shouldn't have cursed at her but unless you follow that up with continued harassing IM I highly doubt you can be banned for what amounts to a quarrel.

But we're not Linden Lab so we can't tell you for sure. Only they decide and they don't share what they do with us.

Don't worry about it at all.  I can almost guarantee you this person has no intention of filing an AR against you.  Even if they did, as has already been stated, nothing will be done to you over it... LL does not intervene in interpersonal disputes such as this.  What they were doing is using that as a threat to get you to shut up... because in their little, idiotic mind, that means they have "won."  There's no harm in letting them continue to think that, but what you shouldn't do is let it bother you for one second more.  Move on, get another job and have a happy SL... living well is the best revenge.

...Dres

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.