Excuse me, I need advice.

Illybetha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was confused about something with an employer in Second Life, and I asked about it. She got angry with me for being confused, and fired me. I was angry enough to send her a long IM explaining why I was upset, and I even cursed at her. She said she would report me to Linden Labs. Is it likely that I will be banned or something worse?

LOL, I have done far worst, 8 times they have banned me, and banned me for 2 years from this forum, I find words can be very affective, bullies tend to be weak, so don't swear, you only need to find that weakness and expose it, like the girl here that is on about not liking drama, she loves it and uses as a reason to attack any one that she thinks displays it, confront her with that and she is beaten, stand up and fight back.

I been banned from an hour to a month, but it does matter who you swear at, I once told a girl who claimed to own css to f--- off when she offered to buy me out for 10,000 lindens, I was banned for 2 weeks for telling her to f--- off, weres as not banned at all when I said that to others, so the lindens have friends, so swear at them and it could be a long time, but you can't tell who they are, one way to see it is is they own a big business here then they are a linden friend, there is a dual class system here, some are gods the rest are cattle.

no worrys if she didt they have the logs of your im ,, i like to belive they look at it befor they just belive anything she say and ban you most likey you never hear anything about it or get ban its like she said he said and they dont brother with thats too much less you really broke some TOS.

Well your still here, so not banned, they do it quick, but be careful, I find the best way is to have no friends and see every one that approaches as a hidden linden friend on the make, I was approached only 2 weeks ago again from a different person, offered to buy me out for a 1000 us dollars, this time I muted him and the people around him, and moved to a place he don't know, if he shows then only the lindens could have told him, I set many linden traps, LOL.

I am sure the majority of residents have, at one time or another, had an altercation with someone else and been threatened with a report to LL.  Please be assured, LL are not in the slightest bit interested in what amount to petty squabbles.

In the unlikely event LL were to get involved, the most you would get for cussing in an IM/private message would be a warning.

Put this down to experience, there was a breakdown in communication between yourself and your ex-employer, and you mustn't dwell on it. 

I wish you happier times for your future in Second Life. 

Anyone can abuse report anyone for anything, and some idiots do just that.

You will not get in trouble with Linden Lab for having an argument with your ex-boss, so she is wasting her time.

I'm glad you feel bad about losing your temper.  If you think you did wrong, then send her an IM or a notecard to apologize...if you feel that SHE was out of line, then don't.  It's up to you.  Either way, just move on past it.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

Well your still here, so not banned, they do it quick, but be careful, I find the best way is to have no friends and see every one that approaches as a hidden linden friend on the make, I was approached only 2 weeks ago again from a different person, offered to buy me out for a 1000 us dollars, this time I muted him and the people around him, and moved to a place he don't know, if he shows then only the lindens could have told him, I set many linden traps, LOL.

i doubt she is going to be banned for this..

but  it doesn't always happen quick..sometimes it can take a month or more before they even get to the AR and the ban actually happen..this is sometimes why people wonder why they had been banned.

because most times it was from something awhile ago  that they had forgotten about..

Unless the sim rated "G" and you did it in public chat or your boss was a minor, I don't think you have anything to worry about.   If people got banned for cursing in SL other than as noted, SL would be empty.  LL will also not involve themselves in resident to resident disputes which is what this is.  If you do get banned, you can appeal it.  They'll tell you rthe procedure in the email notifying you about it.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

I have lernt to never trust anyone here, that is the best way, but most of all never trust or expect anything from a linden, they see us as cattle.

i don't really worry about trusting or not trusting people in sl..because there is nothing i could not replace in here.. also because nobody scares me here hehehehe

so i don't give it much thought really..not enough to where i have to make it a point to not trust everyone..

i trust my instincts..they haven't let me down yet..*winks*

Phil Deakins wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i trust my instincts..they haven't let me down yet..*winks*

Oh yes they have. Your instincts told that you could win a head to head with me about bots
:P

how quickly they forget..

my instincts quickly told me i would be wasting my time arguing with you about your bots..because you enjoyed  everyone that your bots bothered...

lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.