Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kama Mhia

Prostitution in Second Life. Interviews with girls from different countries.

32 posts in this topic

I am a journalist second life. I am writing for a Russian forum reports and interviews.
I am interested in different topics in Second Life - Talented creators, Travel, GOR, BDSM ...
This interview, I took the girls to Second Life in prostitution.

Link to topic

1. 

Russian-speaking residents of the social network

 

2. 

 Prostitution in Second Life. Interviews with representatives of oldest profession in different countries.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting topic, but while reading I got the feeling that this is maybe not the best way to present an interview about it. It felt more like captured open chat, then actual journalism. From my understanding in journalism, talking to people is the source of an article or interview, but not more.

It feels like they are all talking to you at the same time, only hitting the surface of each question. I pick the part of law and prostitution as an example: Your intention was to ask about the reasons the customers have to rent one of the escorts in second life. But not only that none of the girls gave a deep answer, the conversation developed to a gussing game in which country prostitution is against the law.

A side note would be also that all those ))) were quite confusing.

My suggestions for future interviews and articles would be, that you prepare questions you want to ask and that you don't make a groupdiscussion out of it. If you like that style, be more a moderator. To get more into deep you should ask many different persons. In this case maybe someone who works on the street, an owner of a brothel or adult area, customers and so on. You will get a bigger image of the topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That wasa fun read Kama! Thanks...

Seems like being a SL hooker would be a fun role-play.

Hard for me to believe that any1 would pay for slex tho. Sounds like the women spend a lotuv time just standing around chatting, waiting for a john to show up. I guess that's as good as going to a club or somewhere looking for interesting convo. Might get boring tho.

Jeanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Syo Emerald, In the interview, I answered all the questions that troubled me.
This is not an article about prostitution in SL, this is an interview with a prostitute SL
This is not a copy of the chat. No. This is completely edited theme.
The topic is opened;)

Thanks for the tip

_______________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JeanneAnne, thank you :smileyhappy:

I had fun talking with the girls))

They are very cheerful, positive))).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong, I know it should be an interview, but compared to other interviews I read this just looks like a chatlog. Now that you say it isn't one.....oh my.......I laugh at the idea seeing on of them trying to write some sexy stuff. :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

No matter, my other points still exist....well if others find it good to read, then be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Kama :matte-motes-smile:

I did enjoy reading your blog piece about prostitution in Second Life. It was good of the "girls" to talk to you openly, and the conversation was very funny in places.  I wonder, though, how they can make a good living. One or 2 customers/clients, and a lot of girls. I think also they are in groups, and can offer their services via group chat?

There are many places where sex can be bought - but people call themselves "escort" rather than "prostitute".  And yes, it is 100% safe.  There is no risk of diseases. There is no risk of being beaten up by a pimp or by a client.  There is no risk of anyone stealing your money. 

BUT, all of these people could make a LOT more money in real life if they were to work on phone lines, talking dirty to people. And I do suspect that most of the female avatars are really men in real life. Phone lines offering XXX-rated dirty talk are not illegal in the UK, but prostitution IS illegal in UK.  It seems to be tolerated BUT if anyone is caught asking someone if they want sex, they have broken a law.  And kerb-crawlers are moved on by the police. (To my Russian friend: a kerb-crawler is a man in a car who drives very slowly through an area known to have prostitutes on street corners.)

Remember Kama, you do not have to be afraid of visiting a place on your own.  No one can hurt you. No one can trap you. It is always easy to teleport out of places you do not feel comfortable with. Most people are friendly and will answer your questions. 

I hope you have many more adventures in Second Life, and share them with us via your blogs.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Marie! :)
Thank you for your feedback! :smileyhappy:

Marigold Devin says:

- One or 2 customers/clients, and a lot of girls.

prostitute told me that they have few customers. They have a long wait for a client.))

But they also say that free sex is boring))
Condorina: Free sex is boring. No one tries. There is no sunsuality in free sex, just cartoon bouncing on each other.
In paid sex, there is the wordplay, the closeness

Suzi: these days around 10 or so regulars
Now prostitution in Sl has a different view .. it's a virtual sex on camera ..
But it's more money, it's almost real.

My friend Sabina, who introduced me to the girls, said she would never have virtual sex on camera, even for money ...
It deals only with text Wirth

Marigold Devin says:

I wonder, though, how they can make a good living.

Reply complicated ... I realized that not everyone needs money)
Elvira: I work to feed my habit Kama.
subina: most importantly - money for the process!)
Suzi: the sex sex sex
Condorina: I cash out every couple of weeks. I am unemployed in RL, cashing out helps.

Marigold Devin says:

- think also they are in groups, and can offer their services via group chat?

- And I do suspect that most of the female avatars are really men in real life. 

I gave the link to Sabina. It may answer some questions.

Marigold Devin says:

Remember Kama, you do not have to be afraid of visiting a place on your own.  No one can hurt you.

no no, I'm afraid, is now above my head the word "journalist". Now I'm no one in the IM does not say "you are beautiful" :smileylol:

Marigold Devin says:

I hope you have many more adventures in Second Life, and share them with us via your blogs.

- I want to translate some of the interview, they received a response to the Russian site, there were debates on the topic of "frank interview with Sabina." Sabine has opened many, many secrets of the world BDSM))

- A slave told us frankly about his fate, and answered the question "Why in the 21st century, many secular, successful people want to play the slaves"

I got an interview with this slave in RL, she a slave by choice. She has a master. In SL, they came together recently .. At the same time it is - a secular person, a photojournalist. ))
It is very interesting to study the internal problems. We're playing different roles in SL is not by chance)))

P.S. I do not know how to quote someone else's text ... I do not understand how to do it .. sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an interesting read, though I can agree that sometimes it feels just like a chat log. Too many typos, errors even outside of the dialog in the author's text. Some words are simply left in Russian because they were mistyped originally (forgive forgiveness, lol).

"Free sex is boring" is a laughable if not purely ridiculous statement. Cut-and-paste text from an SL whore, whose main goal is to get paid is hardly very exciting for the allotted slot of 15 minutes. I guess some of the clients do not even have enough time to find their intimate attachments. Also the whole aspect of seduction is absent or perverted here and if you ask me that is indeed boring.

You should have asked how many of the girls actually despise their clients for their inability to get sex for free both RL and SL. That topic was only touched tangentially when speaking about complexes of the clients.  My impression is that this is a predominant sentiment, but I may be wrong.

Also it would be interesting to hear about Russian men, because I was told "русские мужики халявщики, только американские лохи платят)".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honored Resident said :

 That topic was only touched tangentially when speaking about complexes of the clients. 

Every man on earth is complex. Complexes associated with health, psychological problems (some men can not meet women in real), the legislative. All that I touched upon in the interview and got the answer.I do not blame people for what they have complexes. This is silly. If you've read (probably read it if you saw an error), the girls said that often men want to communicate, rather than having virtual sex.

 

Honored Resident said :

Also it would be interesting to hear about Russian men, because I was told "русские мужики халявщики, только американские лохи платят)".

Did I wrote about the nationality of the customer?
I do not know. The client could be anyone, it could even be a bot, even a woman in the male avatar. ))

I do not care nationality.

In Second Life there is no State or boundaries (с)

Оriginal interview in two languages -Проституция в Second Life. Интервью с представителями древнейшей профессии с разных стран.

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My comment was not about you or about what you think. You don't need to get defensive. I do not blame people with complexes myself. The question was what the girls feel about the clients. Now you are saying they do it out of pure compassion?

Boundaries are inside us, if only language and sociocultural. Perhaps you do not care about nationality, but again it is not about you, it is about whether the perception is true (or not true) and people of different cultures behave differently.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Kama Mhia wrote:

 

P.S. I do not know how to quote someone else's text ... I do not understand how to do it .. sorry

QUOTE.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Kama Mhia wrote:

Hi, Marie!
:)

Thank you for your feedback! :smileyhappy:

Marigold Devin
 
says:

- One or 2 customers/clients, and a lot of girls.

prostitute told me that they have few customers. They have a long wait for a client.))

But they also say that free sex is boring))

Condorina: Free sex is boring. No one tries. There is no sunsuality in free sex, just cartoon bouncing on each other.

In paid sex, there is the wordplay, the closeness

Suzi: these days around 10 or so regulars

Now prostitution in Sl has a different view .. it's a virtual sex on camera ..

But it's more money, it's almost real.

My friend Sabina, who introduced me to the girls, said she would never have virtual sex on camera, even for money ...

It deals only with text Wirth

Marigold Devin
 
says:

I wonder, though, how they can make a good living.

Reply complicated ... I realized that not everyone needs money)

Elvira: I work to feed my habit Kama.

subina: most importantly - money for the process!)

Suzi: the sex sex sex

Condorina: I cash out every couple of weeks. I am unemployed in RL, cashing out helps.

Marigold Devin
 
says:

- think also they are in groups, and can offer their services via group chat?

- And I do suspect that most of the female avatars are really men in real life. 

I gave the
 
link to
 
Sabina.
 
It
 
may
 
answer some
 
questions.

Marigold Devin
 
says:

Remember Kama, you do not have to be afraid of visiting a place on your own.  No one can hurt you.

no no, I'm afraid, is now above my head the word "journalist". Now I'm no one in the IM does not say "you are beautiful" :smileylol:

Marigold Devin
 
says:

I hope you have many more adventures in Second Life, and share them with us via your blogs.

- I want to translate
 
some of the
 
interview
, they received a 
response
 
to the
 
Russian
 
site
, there were 
debates
 
on the
 
topic of "
frank 
interview with
 
Sabina
." 
Sabine
 
has opened
 
many, many 
secrets
 
of the world
 
BDSM
))

- A slave told us frankly about his fate, and answered the question "Why in the 21st century, many secular, successful people want to play the slaves"

I got an interview with this slave in RL, she a slave by choice. She has a master. In SL, they came together recently .. At the same time it is - a secular person, a photojournalist. ))

It is very interesting to study the internal problems. We're playing different roles in SL is not by chance)))

P.S. I do not know how to quote someone else's text ... I do not understand how to do it .. sorry

I would summarise:

Fat wallet = good sex for the prostitutes

Good imagination = sexual satisfaction for the client/customer

= satisfaction all round :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

 


Kama Mhia wrote:

Marigold Devin
 
says:

Remember Kama, you do not have to be afraid of visiting a place on your own.  No one can hurt you.

no no, I'm afraid, is now above my head the word "journalist". Now I'm no one in the IM does not say "you are beautiful" :smileylol:

 

:matte-motes-big-grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marigold Devin says:

- think also they are in groups, and can offer their services via group chat?

Yes, indeed, in SL there are many groups that combine prostitutes, pimps (yes, there arepimps, but I personally very much doubt their effectiveness and usefulness), and customers wishing to use our services)

- And I do suspect that most of the female avatars are really men in real life. 

Indeed, in SL there are a lot of guys who are looking for quick and easy sex, hiding underwomen's avatars. But these guys are first and foremost on free sex sims.
In our profession, such people do not stay long - because this work requires patience and diligence)

But I know one or two girls who are actually guys. And I can assure you - it is very good, beautiful and hardworking girl))) They have regular clients and a steady income), their customers - people who prefer high-quality text cyber sex) However, these "girls" - a rarityindeed)
For those who want to have a 100% guarantee of sex companion, I recommend using a microphone or Web Samer ... However, these services are considerably more expensive :smileywink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to do SL prostitution.

Here is another take on it -

Suppose someone was lucky enough to get L$5,000 for an hour's worth of hanging out with some guy. That is like $20 of real-life money. It sounds good until you factor in the time spent finding a client, dealing with the cheap-wads, and then having to pretend to enjoy some guy's degading and sick fantasies.Some men enjoy normal sex but some guys have thoughts that they wiuld be better taking to the grave when they die.

Men's horrific fantasies that I have had to hear are things like -

wanting me to deficate in his mouth, wanting me to call him "master", and the worst was some guy who was a full-out furry who wanted to role play like I would get pregnant with his nasty little furries.

Would it be worth in in real life to get $20 to listen to the horrible CRAP that men think about when they **bleep**?

All in all, doing SL prostitution pays less than any minimum wage job when you fctor in time spent dealing with the search.

There is also the problem if you work at clubs and get a really bitchy owner who thinks this is a real life job.

 

What finally caused me to quit completely was I had this one guy who wanted to buy an article of my clothing, well worn of course. I told him he could pay me in L$, and against my better judgement I sent out the article and told him I would just trust him to pay when he got it. He got it finally, and when I asked about payment, he wanted to low-ball and then only paid me 25% of what he wanted to haggle me down to. I knew better but was HOPING he would be trustworthy.

 

Today, I just give linden lab cash and buy the damned L$. Less time, less aggrivation, no cheapskates, and no listening to horrible fantasies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


gr8 wrote:

 The question was what the girls feel about the clients. Now you are saying they do it out of pure compassion?

Why?  there are other options ))

Suzi  :  the sex sex sex

Elvira : I work to feed my habit Kama.

Elvira: Also about the money :-)

Condorina : Money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Marigold Devin wrote:


Kama Mhia wrote:

 

P.S. I do not know how to quote someone else's text ... I do not understand how to do it .. sorry

QUOTE.jpg


Thank you Marie!

I seem to have understood )))

 

 


Marigold Devin wrote:



I would summarise:

Fat wallet = good sex for the prostitutes

Good imagination = sexual satisfaction for the client/customer

= satisfaction all round :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:


:smileylol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


subina Canis wrote:

Marigold Devin
 
says:

- think also they are in groups, and can offer their services via group chat?

Yes, indeed,
 
in SL
 
there are many
 
groups
 
that combine
 
prostitutes,
 
pimps
 
(yes,
 
there are
pimps,
 
but I
 
personally
 
very much
 
doubt their
 
effectiveness and usefulness
), and
 
customers wishing to
 
use our services
)

- And I do suspect that most of the female avatars are really men in real life. 

Indeed,
 
in SL
 
there are
 
a lot of guys
 
who are looking for
 
quick and
 
easy sex
, hiding under
women's
 
avatars.
 
But these
 
guys
 
are
 
first and foremost
 
on free
 
sex
 
sims.

In
 
our profession,
 
such people
 
do not stay
 
long
 
-
 
because this work
 
requires patience
 
and diligence
)

But I know
 
one or two
 
girls who
 
are actually
 
guys.
 
And
 
I can assure you
 
- it is very
 
good, beautiful
 
and
 
hardworking
 
girl
)))
 
They have regular clients
 
and
 
a steady income
),
 
their customers -
 
people who prefer
 
high-quality
 
text
 
cyber
 
sex)
 
However, these
 
"girls"
 
-
 
a rarity
indeed
)

For those
 
who want to have
 
a 100% guarantee
 
of
 
sex
 
companion,
 
I recommend
 
using a microphone
 
or Web
 
Samer
 
...
 
However, these
 
services are
 
considerably
 
more expensive :smileywink:


Thanks to Sabine for the answer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


MoiselleErin Teardrop wrote:

 

Men's horrific fantasies that I have had to hear are things like -

wanting me to deficate in his mouth, wanting me to call him "master", and the worst was some guy who was a full-out furry who wanted to role play like I would get pregnant with his nasty little furries.


I had to smile a little. I can agree with that the first thing is really disgusting.....but in generel I would say you better lock the door of your virtual house, seeing how many people here have a kink your bdsm stuff.

Oh an breaking a stick for all furries in SL: Was it about "real furries" or just some bestiality (which has nothing to do with furries in generel). Ok, now back to topic, I just felt the need to point that out.

 

Kama could do interviews about all different groups in SL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MoiselleErin Teardrop wrote:

...

Suppose someone was lucky enough to get L$5,000 for an hour's worth of hanging out with some guy. That is like $20 of real-life money. It sounds good until you factor in the time spent...

Would it be worth in in real life to get $20 to listen to the horrible CRAP that men think about when they **bleep**?

...

All in all, doing SL prostitution pays less than any minimum wage job when you fctor in time spent dealing with the search.

...

Today, I just give linden lab cash and buy the damned L$. Less time, less aggrivation, no cheapskates, and no listening to horrible fantasies


What you say about prostitution in SL is true of ALL forms of inworld employment or $L earning activities! They just don't pay enuf to be worth the time & trouble. Even talented live musicians & DJs earn less than minimum wage performing in SL. It's just silly. It makes far more sense to get a RL job, then buy $L if you think you need them, then to try to earn them inworld. This is just common sense!

But why do you need $L? You can easily get along just fine in SL w/out $L. I know because I do. Just yesterday a guy gave me a lovely sky blue outfit, several nice swim suits & a nice pair of shoes. And, no, he didn't expect slex in exchange altho I woulduv been willing to do it with him if he'd asked. You don't need land & you don't need to pay tier either. If you can't find someone to share their space with you, you can just be a SL Gypsy & rezz wherever you last logged out from & go on from there. In my opinion, it's stupid to ruin SL fun by worrying about earning $L inworld, and even stupider to spend hard earned RL money on SL when you can have it for free.

Jeanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard there are people who say they have fun, entertaining people, creating stuff and what else you do in SL jobs. Some also like the feeling to find something high quality for a promo price, just as in RL. There are so many reasons for people to have a job here. Its rather silly then to say its stupid, could say the same about just playing rich girl in a virtual world, where a castle of a house costs 5 dollar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Syo Emerald wrote:

I heard there are people who say they have fun, entertaining people, creating stuff and what else you do in SL jobs. Some also like the feeling to find something high quality for a promo price, just as in RL. There are so many reasons for people to have a job here. Its rather silly then to say its stupid, could say the same about just playing rich girl in a virtual world, where a castle of a house costs 5 dollar.

Ok Syo, you're right... Some people love entertaining others & making them happy. They perform in SL for the love of music & of making others happy. Of course this isn't stupid & I thank these people for what they do. The same can be said of those who love building, etc..

But from a purely economic standpoint, which is what I meant... it IS stupid. It takes too much time & trouble to earn $L inworld, to be worth the while. So unless you simply love what you do, and don't care that doing it makes no sense economically, then its far better to earn $$ in RL & then buy $L with it. And it makes even more sense to do without $L altogether, because you can..

Jeanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


JeanneAnne wrote:


Syo Emerald wrote:

I heard there are people who say they have fun, entertaining people, creating stuff and what else you do in SL jobs. Some also like the feeling to find something high quality for a promo price, just as in RL. There are so many reasons for people to have a job here. Its rather silly then to say its stupid, could say the same about just playing rich girl in a virtual world, where a castle of a house costs 5 dollar.

Ok Syo, you're right... Some people love entertaining others & making them happy. They perform in SL for the love of music & of making others happy. Of course this isn't stupid & I thank these people for what they do. The same can be said of those who love building, etc..

But from a purely economic standpoint, which is what I meant... it IS stupid. It takes too much time & trouble to earn $L inworld, to be worth the while. So unless you simply love what you do, and don't care that doing it makes no sense economically, then its far better to earn $$ in RL & then buy $L with it. And it makes even more sense to do without $L altogether, because you can..

Jeanne

And seeing it total from the economic point of view, spending money in SL is also stupid itself. :matte-motes-dont-cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0