second life in a quote

"Three things in life are important; the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind."

Henry James

Would anyone like to contribute a quote (famous or not) that contains the keywords: 'second' and 'life'?

Post funny, sweet, or serious, but I invite you to make a post.  Give it some thought as it is not life or death that you make a post this second.  

• Like 1

Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. you just have to live life to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, fall asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts.

Unknown

In Spanish:

"Siempre hay un mañana. La vida siempre nos da una segunda oportunidad para hacer las cosas bien. Pero por si me equivoco y hoy es todo lo que nos queda, me gustaría decirte cuanto te quiero y que nunca te olvidaré". Gabriel García Márquez.

In English (apologies for the bad translation):

"There is always tomorrow. Life always gives us a second chance to make things right. But if I'm wrong and today is all we have left, I would like to tell you how much I love you and I will never forget you."

"Real life is to most men, a long second best, a perpetual compromise between the ideal and the possible; but the world of pure reason; knows no compromise, no practical limitations, no barrier to the creative activity."

Bertrand Russell

Edited: to correct incomplete quote.