Are prim eyes better than eyes that are a body part?

cafebabe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The only advantage -- if that's what it is -- that prim eyes have that I know of is that they can use various sorts of particle effects to make your eyes sparkle (literally) or produce more dramatic effects if you're a cyborg or a vampire or something.

I've tried them, out of interest, but I would far rather use good quality conventional eyes.

ETA -- I'd not thought of having mismatched eyes, but, yes, if you want them, that would be the way to do it.

Hello cafebabe. I can't say that prim eyes are better but sure there are differences. Prim eyes have more "options". However for most residents are completely unnecessary. Prim eyes are useful for avatars with prim heads, like furry for example. Prims eyes also can change textures, think also that you can wear a red left eye and a blue right eye, they can glow or no and also to have some effects like flames etc. On the other side you must to be very careful to fit them perfectly. I am happy with my normal eyes and i have no reason to wear prim eyes, but this is just my opinion.

I use prim eyes because I enjoy having eyes of two different colors (heterochromia), which is an effect only achievable when using prim eyes. Prim eyes can also glow, sparkle, change color, or even appear to "follow" movements. However, if you're not looking for any of these special effects, there is no real difference. (Prim eyes can also - obviously - be harder to fit, since unlike system eyes which require no fitting whatsoever, with prim eyes you may have to reposition and/or resize to get the right look.)

If you always want your eyes to match, and don't want special effects on your eyes, there is no benefit to prim eyes.

However: 

• Prim eyes can be different colors, for those that like one eye blue and the other green, for example. This seems more common in furries than in Humans, since it occurs more in animals that in people in real life. Most furry avatars use prim eyes for that reason. But I have made custom prim eyes for a friend whose furry avatar used the standard avatar eyes.
  • Prim eyes can do any effects that a prim can do, including glow and local light. 
  • Prim eyes can be scripted, so you could make a set that could change color on command. Imagine a 'demon' character whose eyes look normal part of the time, but when 'enraged' his eyes turn red and glow.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.