I keep seeing weird lines that flash. Help?

Requiem Lytham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I'm not sure how to explain this so I'm gonna try my best.

As I walk, move the slightest bit, or even use the camera, weird lines and bubbles flash from my avatar. I thought it was my prims but I took everything off and it's still doing it. 

Okay, so it took me a bit to catch it in action, but here's the bubble.

Snapshot_001.png

Okay I couldn't get one of the lines. I hope this is enough of a picture. Help??

Bree Giffen wrote:

In Viewer 3, go to Me->preferences->graphics->hardware and uncheck 'enable openGL vertex buffer objects'.

Gosh, shoulduv been intuitively obvious that this is what the OP shoulduv done. What's wrong with her, anyway, that she couldnt figure this out on her own? SL is SOOOooooo user friendly, the way everything is so easy & intuitive. So easy for newbies to figure out... Sheesh, some people... /sarcasm_off

Jeanne

I never would have guessed to do that. Never. I was looking for something about prims and such. There should be a manual for this thing. Like seriously! I'm not a newbie and I still have no idea what 3/4 of the things are for or, better yet, what they even say. Give me HTML and I can figure it out. But what the blast does VBO even mean? 

Requiem Lytham wrote:

I never would have guessed to do that. Never. I was looking for something about prims and such. There should be a manual for this thing. Like seriously! I'm not a newbie and I still have no idea what 3/4 of the things are for or, better yet, what they even say. Give me HTML and I can figure it out. But what the blast does VBO even mean? 

LoL Requiem... Neither would I have!

I wasn't making fun of you hon. I was being sarcastic about how difficult SL can be to figure out. I mean, how is anyone, let alone a newbie, supposed to know about stuff like this?

Is it any wonder that SL has such a low retention rate for new subscribers? Prolly 99 outuv 100 new ppl are going to run into issues like this & just think "Huh"?!?! and forgeta bout it.. LL makes SL & its viewers unnecessarily complicated & unfriendly to even fairly tech savvy ppl, was the point I was trying to make.

I had no idea what VBO means, either, so I googled it. It means "Vertex Buffer Object." Glad we got that cleared up! :smileylol:

Jeanne

Requiem Lytham wrote:

Never say never.... *smiles*

Some infos about VBO here. 

JeanneAnne wrote:

LoL Requiem... Neither would I have!

I wasn't making fun of you hon. I was being sarcastic about how difficult SL can be to figure out. I mean, how is anyone, let alone a newbie, supposed to know about stuff like this?

Is it any wonder that SL has such a low retention rate for new subscribers? Prolly 99 outuv 100 new ppl are going to run into issues like this & just think "Huh"?!?! and forgeta bout it.. LL makes SL & its viewers unnecessarily complicated & unfriendly to even fairly tech savvy ppl, was the point I was trying to make.

I had no idea what VBO means, either, so I googled it. It means "Vertex Buffer Object." Glad we got that cleared up! :smileylol:

Jeanne

Haha. I know you were being sarcastic. :matte-motes-smile: I was just completely agreeing with you. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has problems with the tech. I was feeling a little lost; thinking that I missed some sort of How-To thing. :matte-motes-silly: 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.