SLURL in browser always opens up new Firestorm?

DearlyStars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Yes, bug. NOT you :D. Hopefully they will fix this in the next release. If at all possible, just copy the SLURL you want to go to and paste it into chat. Hit enter and you will have a link you can use. I have been doing that for months now :D.

Cheers.

• Like 1

This was a fun issue for me as well a few releases of Firestorm ago except I was launching a new session of the SL2 viewer regardless of the actual viewer I was using.. In my case, 1) I uninstalled all SL Viewers [ Firestorm, Phoenix & SL2 ]. 2) Followed the excellent manual hidden file cleanup instructions posted elsewhere in Answers. 3) Ran the Wise Registry Cleaner to fix my PCs registry. I'm guessing this removed a few weird [sLURL] entries which the uninstall of SL2 & Firestorm did not remove.

This fixed my issue as my "default" viewer is now properly in charge of all my TPs and SLURL jumps.

• Like 1

The copy and paste method works very well, and I had been doing that for a loooong time, but... what finally fixed it for me was installing, in addition to Firestorm, a copy of the official viewer.

You don't even have to run the official viewer even once. Once installed, SLURLs should open a TP window in the instance of Firestorm that you already have open.

• Like 1

Hello. If you use Mozilla, it is no difficult to change it under Menu Tools --> Options --> Applications. If you use IE, try to re-install the official viewer. For a reason SLurls open with the viewer you have installed last of all. See if that helps.

About your second question Menu Me --> Preferencers --> General --> Enable "Show on login" --> OK. After you can change your starting  location.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.