cannot hear the music -- is there a simple solution

Ausome1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have gone through all the things people have suggested on line, but no good -- I have a poor understanding of sound cards, URLs, etc -- there have been times when I heard the music and would like to again.  Can it have anything to do with my internet connection? ... IN RESPONSE TO PREVIOUS ANSWER >>>

Second Life 3.2.6 (248086) Jan 19 2012 13:22:41 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz (3060 MHz)
Memory: 4096 MB
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 Darwin 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun 7 16:33:36 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4670 OpenGL Engine

OpenGL Version: 2.1 ATI-1.6.36

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with GCC version 40001

2 answers to this question

You have had problems with clothes ( http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/everything-was-fine-until-earier-today-now-everything-is/qaq-p/1306287 ) and with IMs ( http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/I-can-never-initiate-an-IM-is-this-because-internet-is-too-slow/qaq-p/1306291 ) :(

I think it's important to know the specifications of your computer. Open the SL viewer and, without login, see Help > About Second Life. Copy and paste that info in your post (OPtions > Edit). Add what internet connection are you using. Thanks :)

Hello Ausome. Could be relative with your internet connection. However, as Irene mentioned we need to know some details about your system specs and also about your internet connection. If you use wireless, just avoid it, it is no recommended for SL and prefer direct cable connection. Your internet speed should be at least 1Mbps (you can check it out at http://www.speedtest.net/ ). If you see lower speed, here is the answer. If you see higher speed, you need to increase your Maximum Bandwidth in world (under Preferences --> Setup). If you don't hear music in some regions, have in your mind that some regions have no music (stream). Sometimes also the music stream can be offline temporarily or the url on the region is invalid. Btw when we say url (uniform resource locator) we mean with simple words the name of a web page which is unique ( a reference to an Internet resource). Url is what you see on the address bar with your browser.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.