Not showing up as 'online', resetting Map Rights

Warumono Mode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,
For some reason I can sit in world all day, and none of my friends can see me as 'online'. I don't show up in their friends lists. They're not blocked.  Also my Map Rights keep resetting themselves. My friends check that I can map them, and the next day it doesn't work. :/ Help.

@Warumono

This won't be a lot of help, but it seems a lot of folk have a similar issue, for some reasons SL's servers just don't "recognise" or receive notification of your login from the login server.  I have experienced similar, though only partially similar occurrences where several of my friends do not see me as online until I IM them.  IM contact seems to "nudge" the server and I am then seen as online by the friend I IM, and a few moments later by the others!

I have even had my partner on the same sim log in and SL still doesn't recognise them as online until I IM them.  I say this to give you some sort of work around.  Linden Lab seem not to accept that it happens.

Hello, besides the obvious clear cache, manually clear the cache under windows and/or re-install the viewer...

Try install a different viewer.

If you remove "see me online" and set it back on, do you appear online to this people ?

Try create an alt, friend your main account and see if it´s a problem with your main account ...

Hope you can figure your problem because a virtual world where no one can see you is useless.

Monti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.