Creating tight skirts

Lumychan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, this is my first time in the fashions forum, please take care of me.

I've been in SL for more than a month and have created some little things for a shop and I'm very interested in steampunk.

So I wanted to try and create clothing for the first time. I've got a flexi-skirt generator which I've already had a go and created a skirt with several sizes and etc, so I'm getting quite used to it.

But I haven't quite found a way to create good tight skirts, that flow well when you walk. My goal is creating something like this:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Schadenfreude-DeVere-skirt-DEMO/3085481

I want to know how to make that falling fabric on the hips, how the make the tight skirt and how to make the flowy skirt at the end.

Also, I'm wondering: does this have anything to do with sculpted prm I unfortunately haven't been able to learn anything about them yet, so if this type of skirt is only possible with using sculpted prims, let me know so that I know where I have to actually beggin. ;)

ANd thanks in advance for all the advice and help.

That's a mesh item, it's completely different to the prim skirts made from prim generators.  To make a good mesh skirt, you'll need to look at tools that are external to SL.  Some cost, some are free, the choice is yours.

Either way, mesh is the best way forward to create good tight skirts but the learning curve to making mesh content is steep.

Hum, that's not good news then...

Alright, so first step is to learn about mech items. Any tips on a choice of program (free please) or some learning tutorials (either in SL or in RL) to give me an idea on the basics?

Or even perhaps any tools that I could get on the marketplace.

Well the one tool that jumps up and down is Blender, it's free and lots of people use it and there are many tutorials on how to use it.  It is not easy!

Good tutorials at http://www.machinimatrix.org including character rigging which is also something that needs to be done to make mesh clothing move with the avatar.

Every journey starts with the first step...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.