Purchases are being delivered and accepted, but not showing up in inventory today...

Cyanide Pixie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know there are a lot of issues with the market place and deliveries, but I just started having a new problem today. The items are actually being delivered to me. I actually accept the box in game. But they are not showing up in my inventory. When I restart my viewer, half the time they are finally there, half the time they are still missing. I have been testing this today on two different computers, using both Firestorm and the official viewer. What's going on?

I have already cleared my cache and this is still not working. I just tested again and attempted to purchase one item. I accepted the delivery... and nothing. Nada.

2 answers to this question

A little terminology .... The Magic Box is a delivery system.  Each merchant who has a store in Marketplace owns one or more Magic Boxes.  They hold the merchants inventory of merchandise and deliver items on demand when Marketplace says that it has received payment.  You will never receive a Magic Box (unless you are a merchant and need to set up your own delivery system).

Now..... if I understand correctly, purchases are being delivered to you, you accept them, but they don't show up in inventory.  My guess is that the local cached copy of your inventory is borked, and you may have a chronically weak Internet connection that is making it hard for inventory updates to show up locally.  Try simply clearing your cache.  That will force your viewwr to download a fresh copy from LL's servers.  If that doesn't work, or if you keep having that problem, you may need to clear your cache manually from outside SL ( see http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=cache_clear ).  You may also need to reset your router or take other steps to improve your connection.

• Like 1

Hello Cyanide and welcome to SL Forums. It is a known bug. Please see: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7492 You can vote there and add your comment following the suggestions of Maestro Linden. Your options now: You can contact the merchant or with im or better with notecard in world asking politely for redelivery. If you dont get a reply by the merchant you can submit a  ticket --> Marketplace category --> Failed Marketplace Delivery. Explain analytically what was happened, include the order number and the name(s) of the item(s) that failed to be delivered and wait for a reply.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.