Rotations / Mirror image

Lumychan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone.

I'm looking for some tips on how to create the mirror image of a prim. I'm currently building my first flexi-skirt with lots of sizes and different skirt prims for each side and I've built the right side exactly how I want it. So I copied it, and rotated it and found out that that's not exactly what I want out of it.

What I need is a mirror duplicate of the prim, and I have no idea how to do that.

Any tips, perhaps regarding coordinates or rotations?

Thanks everyone for the help.

I faced this problem a while back, when I first started learning. A friend of mine suggested a product that I now, can't live my Second Life without.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Link-Mirror-Symmetry-Tool-V21/775031

It even comes with a directions card you can rez in world and read while using it. (much easier then trying to follow a note card)

It's a little pricey, but there's no way I'd give it up, or try skirts without it, lol. If you are designing to sell, this tool will pay for itself in no time. Can definately be used for more then just skirts too.

Wish I could be of more help then just a product suggestion, but honestly, I never did get the hang of mirroring skirt prims without using this.

Good luck!!!

What you want is not easy to do and that is why tools are made for it.

1. You have to turn and transform every prim
  2. Almost all prim types must be treated specially and different with different parameters like cut and hollow
  3. Textures must be reallocated
  4. Prim face attributes must be reallocated

You may be able to find an old mirror script somewhere in the forum's archives or in the libraries, but it is simple and has not been updated for ages.

My own tool is on the market here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.