SLV, Stuck on Initializing VFS and Cool VL Viewer will not log me in..Tried everything.

JackMayoff

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I'm new to Second Life and I installed the Second Life viewer, in which it will not start. I'm sure you've seen other posts saying the same thing because I've searched up and down for a solution and can not get it working! So I saw 2 different alternatives one is the Firestorm viewer. That does the same as SL viewer and crashes. The other is Cool VL viewer it actually starts but does not let me log in. I have tried clearing my appdata second life folders and all that and restarting and then starting it up, still does not work. I am not running anything else besides the viewer. Have my antivirus and so so turned off and set the viewers as an exception and allowed it through my firewall as well. I have uninstalled and cleared the temp files and installed a clean install also. I have also tried the beta versions. Any help would be lovely! Thank you. :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Edit:

Knowl Paine, Sorry I've read all of them. They all say the same thing. Go to AppData and so so. I've done all that. Still nothing.

4 answers to this question

I received the "Initializing VFS" message (1) time. Fortunately, my Firewall informed me that a "Plug-in" was attempting to access the internet, at the same moment I could tell that my login was stalling because SL was waiting for access on that plug-in. I selected "Allow" and I haven't seen it since.

If I would have said no or missed the plug-in somehow; I might be in the same boat as you.

I would review this link and make sure you've followed the proper steps.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_do_I_fully_uninstall_and_reinstall_Second_Life%3F

Was SL every working properly? Are you a new Resident? What changed?

Did you try making an Alt.

Did you try old rusty, I mean trusty, 1.2 something,? The old viewer

Edit: On this list I only see version 3.0.0 and up as available for download

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Old_versions

I thought an older version is available. Maybe another Resident knows.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.