How can I let a friend rez an object on my land and leave it?

DjWhiteBoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to allow my friend to rez his magic box on my land and keep it there

But, I don't want anyone else to be able to do this

How would i go about doing this?

EDIT: I'm renting the land so I can't send them a group invite. But I do have a bunch of land permissions if that helps?

6 answers to this question

1.  Create  a group.  This has a one time charge of $L100.  You must have at least one other person join within 48 hours, or the group will be disbanded by LL.  (You may use an alt).

2.  Set the land to your group.  You don't need to DEED the land to the group, although you can if you wish.

3.  Set the land options to allow only group members to rez there.

• Like 1

Hello DjWhiteBoi. In addition very good Cinn's answer. If you have already have a group and you have set your land to the group, you have to create a new role in the group opening the permission for rezzing. Open the profile of the group --> Roles --> Create a new role --> under Parcel Powers "Always allow Create Objects" --> Save. Invite your friend with the new role.

Hi, I've done all these steps. Both my friend and I have relogged. And she's still getting the "Can't rez object at because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership."

What could I be doing wrong?

1 hour ago, Egonya said:

What could I be doing wrong?

Typically, one of two things:

1. Trying to rez an object too close to the edge of your parcel, so that it encroaches on a neighbor's land.  The message, then, comes from the neighbor's parcel because you are not allowed to rez there.  The best way to avoid that problem is to rez near the center of your parcel.

2. Trying to rez an object on a mesh surface, where its physics shape interferes with the rezzing operation.  The trick, then, is to try rezzing the object on a prim surface (like a rug) or on the ground rather than on the floor.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.