Update payments

Francine Mint

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I keep getting this e mail about updating my payment details, I dont have anothercredit card, is it for real?

This email contains important information that affects your Second Life account and requires action in order to continue any payment transactions with Second Life

Due to the conclusion of the Second Life local payments beta program, it is required that you add a new credit card or PayPal account by going to your billing information page on Secondlife.com:

https://secondlife.com/my/account/billing.php

Although our local payments beta program ended Jan. 9, for a small group, we have extended the deadline to update payments information to Tuesday, January 24.

16 answers to this question

Sorry to say, I hope you have NOT followed the link from ANY email to do any updating of your account!!!  If you are going to update your account, do it directly from the secondlife.com website, typing in the address yourself and logging in to the site there.  I personally do not trust any email that contains a link to update information - too many are phishing expeditions, just waiting to get your info.

Good luck!

• Community Manager

Hello Francine,

There have been some changes and you can read about them at the forum post here.

Additionally, you can always navigate to the website and make changes that way instead of following a link in an email if you're ever uncertain.

Thank you and best regards!

• Like 1

'm suing Linden Lab because banish my grandfather was caused by the theft of money but did not steal anything I was traveling to 1 month tava who in my avatar My cousin was there he accepted lindes a person in the game to incriminate me as robo l $ so I got nothing with that of l $ robo because whoever was on the account I do not miss before the linden lab banish me I had it l $ 150,458 I'm not kidding'll get um processo eu e mais twenty friends You know that I want my avatar the way he left ou vou por voçes na justiça avatar name: junior Pierrick this and my avatar you stridewithin five days and he want my avatar justice

indeed why ll dosnt allow dx exchange to let their custmers not buy lindens with re paid card?

does LL make prepaid ption with pre paid credit cards possible?meam while had to give up my land i rented for years.

is this just away to get ony peopple with pay pal and credit cards? he a ide awhy we not only let peopple wth premieum accounts n? or only american? and so on and so on WE FORCED to give bank accounts and credit card accounts why?

it not make sence to me does LL be the only one who sell linden ? we fordec we not have a choise , it is bitter that after nearly 10 years i forced either to give rl information wich in my eye is against T.O.S. of any kind.we no criminals just ebcause we not give paypall or credit card acounts and buy our lindens true exchanges like dx . but i get the impression we treathed like that byLL.

the lost of my land and my home is still choking me after years i ahve to be homeless well maybe LL coe love that to see us poor peopple strugle while they sit in their comfy homes laughing in their homes with friends

with very kind regard to LL and their employees

francesco Smadga

Good night, I was attacked with my wife for "karlox Barzane" on Paradise Island Nude Beach Fri, Maory Island (139, 133, 22) where he makes threats to be huds manufacturer of atacks, Hurts verbal and racial discrimination I trust in Lindem Lab to be able to take action against this severe person who thinks owning Second Life attacking and offending people with obscenities and racial discrimination

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.