How to Reset Transforms in 3DS max

Swobbly Minogue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am new to 3D modeling, learning so I can create mesh. I am using 3DS Max 2010. I am hoping someone can explain what this term means in the 3DS Max section on the SL Wiki.

" You can use any of the modeling tools while working on your item, but in the final form it should be saved as an Editable Poly, with Reset Transforms applied, and the stack collapsed."

What exactly does "Reset Transforms" mean. I've searched google and this forum but i'm still not completely sure, I think it has something to do with making sure that everything in a scene is alligned at 0,0,0 coords possibly? 

So, what exactly does "Reset Transforms" mean and and how do I go about applying that in 3DS max 2010?

Thanks very much in advance for any help offered to this stumbling mesh noob. :smileyhappy:

Yes for your normal meshes it's not needed, in fact it can be quite annoying if you reset Xforms, since it will set the object position to 0,0,0 no matter where it is in your scene. It can be helpful though if your pivot is mirrored or rotated.

btw, the ediable poly and collapsed stack are also not needed for unrigged mesh. You can use editable mesh, editable patch or even the basic shapes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.