How do I add a script which I purchased on Market place to a piece of furniture?

AlexaShade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I purchased a  script from SL market place because I was told that I could add it to an existing piece of furniture, but I am not really sure how to put the script into the furniture. Can you give me basic instruction? I have looked in the knowledge base but it is still not clear

6 answers to this question

The simple answer is that you put a script into ANY object by

1. selecting the object with your Build Edit tool (CTRL + 3 and then click on the object),

2. opening the Contents tab, and

3. drag/dropping the script in from your inventory.

The more complicated answer is that it may depend on exactly where the script is supposed to be placed and what it is meant to do.  My simple answer will place the script in the object's root prim, where it will affect the entire object.  I can easily imagine a case in which you don't want to do that.  For example, if there is already a script in the root prim, the new one may interfere with it and make neither one work properly.  Or maybe the new script is meant to only apply if someone clicks on a pillow, but not on the rest of the bed.  Unless you know where it's supposed to go, simply dropping the new script in the bed's root prim may not be the right thing to do.  So, you can do one of two things ....

1. Go ahead and drop the script into the furniture and see what happens.  If it screws up, take it out again. (That's what I would do. :smileywink: )

2. Send a note to the scripter who wrote the thing and ask for guidance.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.