Ruthed

Marroquino36

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello
I'm having a problem with my avatar. With some frequency every time go into the game a get Ruthed. Im in a low lag sim. So I try to put my normal shape and the message I get is this:''Can not change until appearence clothing and shape are loaded'' I wait some minutes and I can never load the avatar. I dont have many items in my inventory because I'm new to SL, so it is easy to load everything faster. 

Can you help me how to resolve this situation?
My system is Windows 7.
thank you

2 answers to this question

Hello Marroquino36. Sounds like your inventory is no fully loaded. Move to a region without lag, or better relog there. Protected lands like Smith, Exeuxoa or Anzere are recommended. Open your inventory type something in search there and wait fetching all your items till the last one. When fetching finishes, try to change outfit choosing choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments. Wait some seconds and rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R. Repeat same process if it is necessary. Normally it will fix your issue. If not, you can follow the suggestions here one by one:  http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_​fail They work for all viewers. However these suggestions will not work if:

1. You have corrupted files saved in your hard disk. If so, you will fix the issue if you delete them and download new files. To do that, delete all contests at the following folder: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife After login back in a quiet sim like Smith, Exeuxoa or Anzere. Stay there under the water, open your inventory type something in search there and wait fetching all your items till the last one. When fetching finishes, try to change outfit choosing choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments. Wait some seconds and rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R. Repeat same process if it is necessary. It will fix your issue.
  2. You have problem with your internet connection. If so, you will fix the problem if you fix your internet connection. You can test your internet speed at http://speedtest.net/ If it is too slow, reboot your modem / router leting it closed for at least 2-3 mins and try again. If you use wireless connection, simply avoid it (it is no recommended for SL) and prefer direct cable connection instead. You can experiment also with your maximum bandwidth until to find the best setting for your system (under preferences --> setup).

Good luck.

Hi Marroquino and welcome to Second Life and SL Answers,

LoveAngel is correct Marroquino. Her solution should fix your problem. If not come back to your first post and edit it, rather than starting a new thread, as it will be easier for you to keep track of any replies.

In addition to LoveAngel's response, I highly recommend a couple of things to new users,

1 - Inventory management is essential. you will find in no time at all you will have 1000's of items in your inventory so you will find it better to get into good practice filing everything away into folders etc. Better to do it now than when you have 20K+ items in inventory :)

2 - Create outfits (especially for any favourite outfits you acquire) so you can change clothing very quickly. After only 3 months (for this avi) I have over 105 different outfits and change around 4-5 times a day. To do this, follow the steps below;

**1 - Wear the outfit you want, making sure you have all the extra attachments such as Jewellery, Shoes, HUDS etc worn.

**2 - Once you have everything worn, right click on your avatar and select "Edit My Outfit" from the drop-down menu.

**3 - This opens another window inside your viewer, at the bottom of which is a button called "Save" with a little drop-down arrow, hit the arrow and select "Save As".

**4 - Type in a unique name for the outfit, I usually use the name of the clothing, eg DEVICIOUS - Loves You Red Catsuit

**5 - Hit OK and you are done.

This outfit will then live in your folder called "My Outfits" and from there you simply right click on the folder you wish to wear and select "Replace Current Outfit". After a few seconds you will be wearing your new look.

Hope this helps :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.