The second prob is I get these flashes, textured like prims, and in a halo orbit around avatars.

Noemie Bravin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I get these flashes, textured like prims, and in a halo orbit around avatars. if they're around hair, they will have the hair texture, but streched out and up to 10m from the av, but usually in a close area to the av. And they can be from any part of an av.

It's very annoying, and because of it, I still use viewer version 1.23. which at least works.

3 answers to this question

If it happens only after the viewer has been running for some time, at least 10 minutes or so? Could *possibly* be a mild overheat issue too.(But that tend to look like little spots and blocks of static appearing and disappearing quickly at random) Older client versions did not demand so much of hardware and a marginal heatsink install, dry paste, etc. can also cause the issues if toggling VBO mentioned earlier does not immediately fix it. The blowing up prims and hair thing happened w/an older Radeon based machine I had until I updated drivers AND turned off VBO. It too can happen with nVidia boards w/older or release version drivers packed onto the DVD in the box and you never updated. The problem on nVidia stems from improper domain clocks being set at application launch and the cores are running too slow.

If you have a relatively modern ATI based video card, likely a *clean* re-install of the latest drivers goes miles to solving many sins. If you have nVidia, I have no isues on two different CPU archetecture machines with latest beta drivers tweaked for Skyrim. (Verde 290.53 beta on the Notebook and same revision number but for GeForce on the desktop, both running Win7 X64 + 5xx series cards)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.