shout out

Sugz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

shout out....or may have another name.

to advertise your store, land...that type of thing...I thought there was a area on sl where its called a shout out..

what is the post called when you sign in and it advertises a website or contest while loggin inworld? how do you get that posted there or permission to do so...

it`s more like news or pluse.. this what im looking for

5 answers to this question

In viewer 3 when one logs in, there will often be a message with a link on the latest happening or featured LL event, such as the Vampire forum, or the New Year Contest, or a particular hunt.

I think Sugz wants to know how to get in on that. 

Shout outs are when you give props to someone usually on the radio or television, they are also increasingly being used to advertise or promote certain brands or businesses.

As to how to get in on that, you probably are going to have to get in touch with Linden Lab. There is also an Upcoming Events and Activities Page with a link on how to contact support at the top of it. 

I don't know what the term they are using to call it is. Probably something like splash screen link or welcome message or something totally off the wall. Loading message or log in message might work.

splash.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.