Crash Logger

MikovWolfie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am getting sick of this c**p everytime I got to lauch the game I don't even make it to a login screen all i get is some STUPID CRASH LOGGER!!! when it gets to initializing VFS it crashes it opens a new window in the top left corner saying gathering hardware information, app may appear frozen. then that closes and another opens in the same place saying something like "server try1" I can't remember because I unistalled it before I got that window pop up one more time and went beserker on my computer. anyone out there know how to completely obliterate all data of this game I have tried third party viewers, I've unitalled it and reinstalled it, I've moved user settings, anything I could find that said second life I deleted and whiped from my computer, Iv'e cleared my internet cache and cookies etc and reinstalled it NOTHING HAS WORKED, so I went to the support for help and apparantly I need to buy an upgrade to get the help I need and the viewer working which I think is complete b******t sort of eliminates the point of it being free right? anyway I'm not the techy type and need a very detailed walkthrough of how to get it working. Can anyone help or suggest ways to get it working?

Many thanks MikovWolfie

Welcome to Second Life Forums, Mikov, where experienced residents will try their very best to help you with any issues you have.

All the uninstalling and reinstalling and trying different viewers is just adding to your stress and frustration.  You shouldn't be having so many problems. It will help us to help you if you post your computer's specifications, then we'll take things a step at a time until you're up and running.

It looks like your on Windows. If you could get the viewer to run, it has a Help->About that gives everything we need to know. It is a PITA to dig all the infro we need out of your system without it.

What you have given us gives a clue but not much more. The HD 5450 was popular in the early part of 2010. I would guess most of your problems are from it. The reviews compare it to the nVidia 200's so it should be able to run SL.

SL is based on OpenGL rather than DirectX. The support AMD/ATI has provided for OpenGL is less than stellar and is why I suspect your video driver. 

Since your a non-techie you probably have not updated the drivers for the video card. You can try AMD's AMD Driver Autodetect and see if it will do the update for you. It may just point you to the right driver. In that case download it and run the program. The update should be mostly automatic at that point.

I suggest you make sure the viewer settings have been removed from your system before trying to (re-)install the SL Viewer. Without knowing if you are XP, Vista or Win7 I can't give you the exact file path you need. For Vista/Win7 it is C:\Users\[win_login_ID]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\settings.xml

The [ ] denotes text that will change.

Delete or rename the file. Then install and try to login. You should at least be able to get to the splash screen. I suggest you open Help-About abd copy that info into file. If you need more help, paste it in with your request.

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.