what is wrong with the forums?

Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

are any of you guys getting forum options at all???? i go to post something and space my paragraphs and it all ends up in a wall of text..... there are no options above for images or links or text or anything..all the tools are gone..... am i alone in this or are the forums messed up??? i don't want to type too much or it will be one big text sandwich.....

Usually it's been ok but when I started a thread a moment ago I had no icons - which was a problem as I needed to insert a formatted script.  I posted without the code and then edited it and it was back to normal - as is this - so that once is the only time I've seen an issue.  I also had the problem Phil reports too.

every time i click options it just moves me to the top of the page......and i have no tools at all......and like i said..my text is just clumped together....... i have no spaces when the post shows...... i have to now put in a kabillion periods and question marks to separate things lol........????? now i am starting to wonder why i am not getting tools and others are.....and my text is all clumped but the posts i see are fine....let me out of this cage !! LOL

this is what i got when i tried to quote you................... """""""An Unexpected Error has occurred. Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation. Exception ID: *************** """""""""""""""""""" ..........Also i use Fire fox as well ................

Ceka Cianci wrote:

this is what i got when i tried to quote you................... """""""An Unexpected Error has occurred. Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation. Exception ID: *************** """""""""""""""""""" ..........Also i use Fire fox as well ................

That is what I was getting when I was trying to use spell check the other day. Try clearing your browser's cache.

ya i did clear my browser cache and a system scan and also checked my system settings to see if my husband was just messing with me.......... i am at a loss as to what the heck is going on......i guess i'm glad in a way i am not alone in this.......i just wonder if it is a forums thing.....or if it is something we have to adjust.......

I'm having problems too. In another thread, my message came blank. I couldn't edit it. My only choice was to reply to my blank post, repeating what I had just write - http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Privacy-Question/td-p/1331941/page/2# Both in Opera and Chrome browsers, the Options are not working, nor Board Options.

I have seen that message, I usually ignore it, lol.  I close the window and re-open secondlife.com, the cookies see me and keep me logged in. On some threads it ask if I want to load or discard what I had written from the last save point.

I clean cookies daily, you might try that.

i think they are messing with stuff and it's messing with some of us....... i used to get that message once in awhile..but not every time.......... i've cleared my temp internet files and cookies and relogged into the forums ......... i may ckeck out the site where the people make this type of forum to see if others have experienced these things and if it is anything we can do about it....... Does anyone know who makes this type of foums????????

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i think they are messing with stuff and it's messing with some of us....... i used to get that message once in awhile..but not every time.......... i've cleared my temp internet files and cookies and relogged into the forums ......... i may ckeck out the site where the people make this type of forum to see if others have experienced these things and if it is anything we can do about it....... Does anyone know who makes this type of foums????????

http://www.lithium.com/

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the information about the types of issues you are running into. Not sure at the moment where the issues stem from, but we are looking into seeing what the cause may be.

Thanks again and let us know if you notice any further changes.

~Xiola Linden

An Update:

I just heard back from the forum software company and they are aware of the issue (not just affecting this community) and are working on a fix. No ETA as of yet, but it is being worked on and should be resolved soon. I am already seeing some evidence that some of the issues appear resolved.

Best regards,

~Xiola LInden

Xiola Linden wrote:

An Update:

I just heard back from the forum software company and they are aware of the issue (not just affecting this community) and are working on a fix. No ETA as of yet, but it is being worked on and should be resolved soon. I am already seeing some evidence that some of the issues appear resolved.

Best regards,

~Xiola LInden

Thank you Xiola!  Oh!  All good now!  Buttons are back! And can edit and put in pictures!  Woot!

Deep space explore 3.jpg

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.