I have a linden house and i need someone else to be able to set it to home for them...how do i do t

Lynn Zelin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello Lynn. It is possible. You need to create a group at first (costs 100 L$) if you have no already one. You set after your land to the group. In Viewer 3 Menu World --> Place profile --> About Land --> General --> Set. You create a new role into the group and you open the permission "Allow Set Home to Here on group land" under Parcel Powers (you can open if you want more permissions as well). Finally invite the residents you want into the group. That's all.

• Like 1

@ Love Angel.....

I think you are mistaken.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Linden Home Restrictions

Linden Home has unique restrictions in addition to those outlined in the Linden HOme Terms and Conditions. By accepting a Linden Home, you agree to additional restrictions as follows:

• Linden Home is for residential use only.
  • Business use of any kind is prohibited, including parcel rental, rental boxes, classified ads or other forms of advertising, and event listings.
  • Land cannot be terraformed, sold, deeded to group, joined, or divided.
  • Land cannot contain sky boxes, temp-rezzers, or individual prims beyond the allocated size of the Second Life Viewer build tools — 10x10x10m (no megaprims).
  • Linden Homes may not be removed, modified, exchanged, set or deeded to group, or transferred.
  • Linden Homes should be kept presentable and in-theme.
  • Linden Homes should not be used as sandboxes.
  • Linden Homes do not include traffic tracking.
  • Ownership is limited to one Linden Home per Premium Account.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Peggy: I know the covenant but then which of these two rules can really help the OP? :smileysurprised::smileywink:

My group has 512m2 available tier. Can I get Linden Home land for my group?

Linden Home land can't be group-owned. But if your personal Resident account is eligible for Linden Home land, you can set the land to a group to collaborate with other group members

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Home-FAQ/ta-p/700101

Valerie said

"@ Peggy: I know the covenant but then which of these two rules can really help the OP? **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif" border="0" alt=":smileywink:" title="Smiley Wink" />

My group has 512m2 available tier. Can I get Linden Home land for my group?

Linden Home land can't be group-owned. But if your personal Resident account is eligible for Linden Home land, you can set the land to a group to collaborate with other group members

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowled​ge-Base/Linden-Home-FAQ/ta-p/700101"

-----------------------------------------------------

I don't know..........the context of "collaborate" really doesn't make much sense when the first part of the statement says the land cannot be group owned.  I do know people seem to have difficulty allowing other residents to set home at a Linden Home.  I don't have one so I can't experiment.

The wiki I linked is clear........you can't set the land or home to a group.  If there's a way to allow someone to set home to a LInden Home it's not the usual way for all other mainland.  Which is set the land to a group, invite your friend to the group and create a membership role that would allow the friend to set home to the group owned land.  Linden Homes have some restrictions and not being able to deed the land or home to a group is one.......it's always been that way since the beginning of the Linden Home benefit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.